+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How they did v Falkirk

How they did v Falkirk

Nearly didn’t head through for this, but in the end I am really glad I did. I wont pretend in any way that we are back, but for a display, its one of those games where a goal was coming, its just that with things wearing on, it was gonna be the usual sucker punch! Thankfully Aird found Safranko and there was only gonna be one winner.

Here is what I think of those who gave us the win yesterday.
    Rakovan – I do like him as a keeper, but wasn’t 100% confident with him yesterday. A couple of really good saves, but also doesn’t command his box enough. Just makes a 6.
    Aird – The surprise when the team lined up. The “its only Falkirk” gamble paid off, but if there is any chance that Ralston can be brought in on an emergency loan, then we should take it. Combined very well with McMullan and together they didn’t let too much past them. 7
    Watson – Don’t think he was put under too much pressure at any time and looked very comfortable waltzing out of defence with the ball. 7
    Frans – I really don’t remember too much of what he did yesterday, but him and Watson will do well if they stay together. 6
    Robson – I have seen more good from him this season than bad. Set the tone for his game early on when he ran away with the ball having been double teamed. Hampered in attack early on with having Loemba helping him. Just shades MotM with an 8.
    McMullan – Really happy he got a start yesterday and only disappointed by him not scoring. Combined well with Aird very well and was very direct. Baffled as to why Shabba took him off! Would have been my MotM if he stayed on but a 7.
    Bouhenna – Another surprise in a way, but not one I didn’t consider when I heard the team. Seemed to handle it quite well as a lone DCM which allowed Rabitsch a bit of freedom to play a slightly different game. Was some free kick! 7
    Rabitsch – Another I cant really remember doing too much especially first half, but should have scored, maybe more than once! 6
    Loemba – Frustrated me! First and last 10 minutes he was MotM material, but ran out of ideas far too often! Just makes a 6 for me.
    Curran – Bit of an unsung hero in my eyes. Does a hell of an amount of work around the park and took his goal very well. 7
    Safranko – Another who does a hell of an amount of work and brings others into the game. Couldn’t miss after Airds delivery. 7
    King – Went for a couple of runs but would rather McMullan stayed on. 4

Falkirk though maybe made us look a hell of a lot better than we were and am surprised Hartley was permitted to assemble such a poor squad. I think Falkirk will survive relegation, but I fear for their chances in the play-offs.

Shabba – If he can pull rabbits out the hat like today, then why the hell does he give us so many excuses to want rid of him? 2 wins and a draw will save his skin, but then I don’t see it happening given past results and other teams current form.
    EDIT:- I wrote this last night and it appears the players gained the win despite him! I was also waiting for Darren to do this, but here it is.

Nice to be able to talk about and focus on the players. Regardless of any thoughts on manager it is encouraging to have interesting players to talk about.

Loemba and McMullan will be frustrating at times but each can be match winners on their day and that definitely adds excitement for going to the games.

Good to see Robson earning praise so far this year. Pleasing to see Rabbitsch adapting to the speed of the games and improving. Many more have impressed me too.

With tose missing through injury yet to return, I personally I think there is a squad of players that we can get behind and hopefully enjoy watching.

Loemba was better than a 6. He even tracks back ffs! raw aye but i like him and aird on wings. Aird can not play RB against County btw he would get ripped. Even Mckinnon got them to ping from right to left every time

Ok, cut to the chase, everyone's getting a 7 apart from Robson, Bouhenna, Loemba & Safranko 8. And the TEAM gets 8, we seemed a bit more joined up than usual.
    Thanks for your marks Chic.

i wouldnt say 8 for team BUT yeah that had heart in my view. Onwards!!!

2 best balls of the game came from Aird and Loemba for the goals. And having watched the highlights, the commentators mentioned Shabba was tearing Loemba a new one having just about scored! Probably never happened though!

no just watched highlights and the commentators did rip him one for that. interview said he didnt

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)