+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aberdeen - 24h on

Aberdeen - 24h on

None of the 261 Motherwell fans who made the trip to the away enclave in Pittodrie expected an easy afternoon. The loss of a sloppy early goal confirmed that a tough test lay ahead. - External Link

Six league games played the stats are
    1. No clean sheets
    2. Failed to score in four of the games
    3. Haven’t taken a point in a game where we haven’t scored first
    Is it too early to start saying our next few games in the league are MUST win games, Don’t think we can bemoan our lack of luck/decisions going against us as the reason for our poor start. Think it is all to do about our lack of creativity in front of goal and belief by some of the players. ������

Quote Originally Posted by texaco cup View Post
    Six league games played the stats are
    1. No clean sheets
    2. Failed to score in four of the games
    3. Haven’t taken a point in a game where we haven’t scored first
    Is it too early to start saying our next few games in the league are MUST win games, Don’t think we can bemoan our lack of luck/decisions going against us as the reason for our poor start. Think it is all to do about our lack of creativity in front of goal and belief by some of the players. ������
    No, it's not...the converse of calling for calm now - we've played four of what will certainly be the top five, our last two losses have been by a single goal to teams universally acknowledged as being clearly better etc - is that we need to back that up when the chance is there.

I'm not panicking at looking poor and being beaten by the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen because I never expected us to be challenging them this term. We've won one, lost one against teams at our level - not great but not a disaster so long as we have a better record in the coming games against Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Livingston and St Mirren. Eight points from that lot and suddenly we're looking solidly where everyone realistically hoped/thought we'd be - bottom six but well off the bottom two spots.

However, if we look as toothless as we did on Saturday and take only a few points from that run we have every reason to start being seriously concerned. There's no need to hit the infamous panic button, yet. But I'd like it within touching distance...

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    No, it's not...the converse of calling for calm now - we've played four of what will certainly be the top five, our last two losses have been by a single goal to teams universally acknowledged as being clearly better etc - is that we need to back that up when the chance is there.

I'm not panicking at looking poor and being beaten by the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen because I never expected us to be challenging them this term. We've won one, lost one against teams at our level - not great but not a disaster so long as we have a better record in the coming games against Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Livingston and St Mirren. Eight points from that lot and suddenly we're looking solidly where everyone realistically hoped/thought we'd be - bottom six but well off the bottom two spots.

However, if we look as toothless as we did on Saturday and take only a few points from that run we have every reason to start being seriously concerned. There's no need to hit the infamous panic button, yet. But I'd like it within touching distance...
    I can't see us taking maximum points from those games. We're not creating enough or taking nearly enough chances. I can see us taking about 4 points from those games. We are looking a poorer side this season.

Maximum is unrealistic, I agree...eight or more would be a very solid haul, six would keep our heads above water. Less and it's cause for concern.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)