+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why rafa has to go and fools follow

Pboro - I can see why people recommend ignoring you.
    It's like nailing jelly to a plate!

You said that Hughton did something to turn things round, Rafa didn't.
    I proved to you that Hughton's substitutions were pretty well identical to Rafa's.
    I showed to you that some Brighton fans make EXACTLY the same accusations of Hughton's use of subs as you do.
    Crucially, Chris has a much better selection of attacking players than Rafa - most importantly, the owner allowed him to bring in his first-choice targets.
    I also think it's a lot easier to come back against Fulham and Southampton than against Spurs, Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal.

"chris did something to turn it around"

On Saturday Hughton made his first tactical subs in the 73rd and 79th minutes.
    Once again, very similar to Rafa.
    By the way - Brighton lost! Same result as us against the Spuds.
    We played well and were generally considered unlucky and lost to a jammy
    Even my neighbour, a season ticket holder at the Amex, said that Brighton were outplayed and deserved nowt.

"I don't think we had 34 % possession "

Brighton had 29% on Saturday.

"and teams like palace at home or away are winnable games"

We haven't won there in the league for 5 years.

"they hit the post several times had some glaring misses"

One of each I believe.
    If Kenedy could take a decent pen we would have beaten Cardiff.
    If Perez could hit a cow's a*** with a banjo we could have a few more points.
    If my auntie had balls....

I just had a casual scroll down the list of threads and it's unbelievable how obsessed you are with Rafa.
    Did a Spanish waiter once drop scalding hot gravy down the front of your keks?

Think I'll follow the example of others for the sake of my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Haha. You just got owned. You are officially a liar (not that this is news to anyone). You spent all last season saying how happy Brighton fans were with Chris - until we started playing better, then you got quiet of course.
    Too true Hughie.

I am living in Brighton and there were plenty pf Pboros down here calling for Hughton's head last season and make exactly the same comments - "too defensive", "poor use of subs" etc.
    Likewise, when the results picked up they disappeared, but are all back this season - see the comments above.

I have lived in a fair few different places around the country, always trying to support the local team as a second choice after the lads.
    There are Pboros everywhere.

I think some fans forget that attitudes change more than once with many aspects of football. There's no set mindset if things change.

A manager can be a hero to zero to hero to zero etc, in just a season depending on how things work out.
    A player becomes the same.
    The hero worship of a striker who is having a prolific season can turn to massive criticism and boos if the following season becomes a scarcity.

Nobody is immune from change of evaluation if they do not remain consistent.

Look at Shelvey. He was garbage by some and then fantastic, then lazy, then England material, then mental, then uninterested. Every dig under the sun.
    Same with Diame.
    Some fans shouting for him to never play for the club again and then singing his praises, then back to a waste of space.

I could name many many Newcastle players who took criticism in abundance but also ended up taking praise before criticism rolled in again...and vice versa.
    Zero to hero to zero.....Hero to zero to hero....

Very few people get away without criticism. It's just a case of how severe it becomes over time to a cut off point where the mindset is so fixated on the dislike or criticism of that person can lead to them discarded from the club to be forevermore looked on as a person of dislike.
    Or the few consistents can finish as a respected hero to the point of statues.

Quote Originally Posted by KemptownMag View Post
    Too true Hughie.

I am living in Brighton and there were plenty pf Pboros down here calling for Hughton's head last season and make exactly the same comments - "too defensive", "poor use of subs" etc.
    Likewise, when the results picked up they disappeared, but are all back this season - see the comments above.

I have lived in a fair few different places around the country, always trying to support the local team as a second choice after the lads.
    There are Pboros everywhere.
    Every village has it's own idiot I guess.

So... FCB has asked his goof Charnley to find out from Rafa what it will take to make him stay..... Hmmmmm
    Beggars belief & just another pack of lies to try to minimise the fan impact when he does go at the end of the season.No doubt the Chuckle Brothers will applaud FCB's initiative but to the right minded supporters it is yet another kick in the teeth !

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    So... FCB has asked his goof Charnley to find out from Rafa what it will take to make him stay..... Hmmmmm
    Beggars belief & just another pack of lies to try to minimise the fan impact when he does go at the end of the season.No doubt the Chuckle Brothers will applaud FCB's initiative but to the right minded supporters it is yet another kick in the teeth !
    If Benitez signs up to more of this he needs his head examined . But can imagine the fat kernt saying "£100m if you sign back on" then shafting him again .
    To be honest Rafa will go down in my estimation if he does sign another contract after the comments .
    Ashley is in a funny position now cos the tide of support has shifted from just the team to Rafa himself ... And he fears a mass exodus and serious bad publicity .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    If Benitez signs up to more of this he needs his head examined . But can imagine the fat kernt saying "£100m if you sign back on" then shafting him again .
    To be honest Rafa will go down in my estimation if he does sign another contract after the comments .
    Ashley is in a funny position now cos the tide of support has shifted from just the team to Rafa himself ... And he fears a mass exodus and serious bad publicity .
    I agree.The last part is interesting.Not only players might go but is he scared of a near empty stadium.Be interesting if he is as a lot have said a boycott won't work.
    Don't have anything to do with him Rafa.He is a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by KemptownMag View Post
    Pboro - I can see why people recommend ignoring you.
    It's like nailing jelly to a plate!

You said that Hughton did something to turn things round, Rafa didn't.
    I proved to you that Hughton's substitutions were pretty well identical to Rafa's.
    I showed to you that some Brighton fans make EXACTLY the same accusations of Hughton's use of subs as you do.
    Crucially, Chris has a much better selection of attacking players than Rafa - most importantly, the owner allowed him to bring in his first-choice targets.
    I also think it's a lot easier to come back against Fulham and Southampton than against Spurs, Chelsea, Man City or Arsenal.

"chris did something to turn it around"

On Saturday Hughton made his first tactical subs in the 73rd and 79th minutes.
    Once again, very similar to Rafa.
    By the way - Brighton lost! Same result as us against the Spuds.
    We played well and were generally considered unlucky and lost to a jammy
    Even my neighbour, a season ticket holder at the Amex, said that Brighton were outplayed and deserved nowt.

"I don't think we had 34 % possession "

Brighton had 29% on Saturday.

"and teams like palace at home or away are winnable games"

We haven't won there in the league for 5 years.

"they hit the post several times had some glaring misses"

One of each I believe.
    If Kenedy could take a decent pen we would have beaten Cardiff.
    If Perez could hit a cow's a*** with a banjo we could have a few more points.
    If my auntie had balls....

I just had a casual scroll down the list of threads and it's unbelievable how obsessed you are with Rafa.
    Did a Spanish waiter once drop scalding hot gravy down the front of your keks?

Think I'll follow the example of others for the sake of my sanity.
    Your effectively trying to hammer shyte through concrete mate

Best decision is to give up on the Turkish loving Cypriot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)