+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Just watched the highlights and by Christ we were lucky Hibs couldn't score worth a ****.

I don't mind a scrappy uncomfortable win in the cup which I expected anyway.

Big Joe is our most valuable player, more so than McKenna or Shinnie.
    He's a class act aint he? Oozes confidence which is exactly what we want from our keeper. Gives the impression that he is really happy here to which is obviously nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    He's a class act aint he? Oozes confidence which is exactly what we want from our keeper. Gives the impression that he is really happy here to which is obviously nice.
    I can't understand why an English club hasn't tried to sign him. Best keeper in Scotland and he's only 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    A 0-0 and penalties is the best we can hope for.
    you called it pal

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Daft challenge. Easily could have walked
    As most of us know I have been shouting about it since the very day DM signed that muppet. Donkey Cosgrove should be absolutely nowhere near our football team, he is Highland League level at best (at a push) brings the square root of sweet fk all to a game and yet DM sees him as a choice to be made ahead of Anderson.
    Stevie May (is sh1te) should also be on the park before that t0sser.

makes my blood boil as he is impersonating a football player and not a very good one at that and steals a fkn monthly wage.
    Worst muppet we have signed in fkn years and heaven knows there has been a few along the way

That was simply brutal last night. The better team by a country mile lost. If it had not been for Lewis's brilliance and Hibs wasteful finishing they would have been home and dry by half time. McInnes's face at the end of extra time said it all. He had a huge grin which showed he was delighted to get to penalties which shows the height of his ambition. Richard Gordon was spot on in his article in the P@J last Saturday. He said our recruitment in the last three years had been poor with only two players acquired having improved the team. Our head of recruitment should be fired as the tea lady at Pittodrie could do a better job. Hibs by contrast get Stevie Mallan in for £200,000 the same as we paid for Forrester. They also got Kambarei as Swiss International and McLaren an Australian International who both look good players. We by contrast get in Cosgrove and May. The tactics last night were also dire with three at the back which never works turning into four most of the time with Lowe doubling up on Considine to keep Boyle quiet which even two of them did not manage. Logan on the other hand was chuntering round the half way line on the right to no great effect. We could hardly string three passes together and invariably ended up losing the ball or lumping it up to the opposition. Cosgrave and Considine should be dropped immediately. Cosgrove is complete mince and always has been while Considine is completely past it and should be a squad player for the remainder of the season. Shinnie should revert to left back and remain there with Lowe played at the left side of midfield. Shinnie was very poor last night but I think would improve if played in his best position. In recent seasons we have binned half a dozen numpties every summer and replaced them with half a dozen more. The team is not progressing and is clearly worse this season than last. The youngsters are not getting a proper chance playing second fiddle to journeyman pros from lower league English clubs where they can't get a game. I wish those of you going to Hampden for the Semi the best of luck. Whoever we pay in that match we are going to need loads of it. I also sympathise with those going to Pittodrie on a regular basis watching some pretty grim football at present.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    That was simply brutal last night. The better team by a country mile lost. If it had not been for Lewis's brilliance and Hibs wasteful finishing they would have been home and dry by half time. McInnes's face at the end of extra time said it all. He had a huge grin which showed he was delighted to get to penalties which shows the height of his ambition. Richard Gordon was spot on in his article in the P@J last Saturday. He said our recruitment in the last three years had been poor with only two players acquired having improved the team. Our head of recruitment should be fired as the tea lady at Pittodrie could do a better job. Hibs by contrast get Stevie Mallan in for £200,000 the same as we paid for Forrester. They also got Kambarei as Swiss International and McLaren an Australian International who both look good players. We by contrast get in Cosgrove and May. The tactics last night were also dire with three at the back which never works turning into four most of the time with Lowe doubling up on Considine to keep Boyle quiet which even two of them did not manage. Logan on the other hand was chuntering round the half way line on the right to no great effect. We could hardly string three passes together and invariably ended up losing the ball or lumping it up to the opposition. Cosgrave and Considine should be dropped immediately. Cosgrove is complete mince and always has been while Considine is completely past it and should be a squad player for the remainder of the season. Shinnie should revert to left back and remain there with Lowe played at the left side of midfield. Shinnie was very poor last night but I think would improve if played in his best position. In recent seasons we have binned half a dozen numpties every summer and replaced them with half a dozen more. The team is not progressing and is clearly worse this season than last. The youngsters are not getting a proper chance playing second fiddle to journeyman pros from lower league English clubs where they can't get a game. I wish those of you going to Hampden for the Semi the best of luck. Whoever we pay in that match we are going to need loads of it. I also sympathise with those going to Pittodrie on a regular basis watching some pretty grim football at present.
    Cannot argue with any of that, spot on pal.

Stand Free !!!

I went to sleep last night thinking we had won?

It’s really hard to tell on here these days with all the negativity.

I would agree we were terrible to watch but we won a cup tie no one thought we had a chance of winning.I don’t see where the love for Hibs comes from,I thought they were almost as bad as us.

Put it like this, if we played like they did and got knocked out on penalties you lot would still be on here moaning about how sh1te we played.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I would agree we were terrible to watch but we won a cup tie no one thought we had a chance of winning.I don’t see where the love for Hibs comes from,I thought they were almost as bad as us.

Put it like this, if we played like they did and got knocked out on penalties you lot would still be on here moaning about how sh1te we played.
    Hibs were miles better than us, they could string passes together and absolutely bossed our midfield.

We are through but we need to vastly improved all over the pitch. I also thought that Devlin and McKenna were poor and more importantly niave at times last night, getting sucked into stupid tackles, getting too close and turned very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I’ve got a semi to look forward to, however some on here get a hard on when we get beaten.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I’ve got a semi to look forward to, however some on here get a hard on when we get beaten.

SF
    Must be an age thing you filthy old man.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 26-09-2018 at 06:56 AM.

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast