+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

It’s just Wattanaccio

I saw it happen at Pittodrie recently too.

Shinnie clearly dumbfounded by what he was reading.

My friend Brian (we share 90 years of watching the Dons between us) put it best in a text last night:

"Stay awa fae social media, I dinna understand fitba fans these days. We found a wye tae win and Wilson is a player �� COYR!"

Hibs found us a way to win that game. We certainly did not

Chuffed we are through but not chuffed with the team we have
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 26-09-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    My friend Brian (we share 90 years of watching the Dons between us) put it best in a text last night:

"Stay awa fae social media, I dinna understand fitba fans these days. We found a wye tae win and Wilson is a player �� COYR!"
    It's called a split personality , I believe.
    plenty of Dons fans seem to have acquired it, seemingly.

Maybe you can ask yourself, sorry ask Brian , to explain the way we found

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hibs found us a way to win that game. We certainly did not
    To paraphrase legendary Keith referee Colin Harrower to a boy fae Elgin Academy disputing a goal we'd scored against them, "You take a look in the Green Final the nicht ma loon, and see if it wis a goal or nae".

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We did win. We absolutley f@cking did not deserve to. We didnt win that game. Hibs won it for us and theybf@cking outplayed us and schooled us at times. Says it all. I would be surprised if Lennon isnt still roasting them in the changing room now

Id be alarmed if there wasnt negativity. I have never seen a team get so lucky in a long time. We have been f@cking dire all season and last night cant happen every game.we are in line for a few proper scuddings if things dont pick up its going to be a long season. We have serious issues that need addressed and are being ignored. By our manager and fans. We create f@ck all, cosgrove is horsesh@t, considine is horsesh@t Logan is not the player he was, McGinn is not near the player he was and was especially sh@t last night, we have one striker who has only scored once and is injury prone as f@ck who the clubs hopes seem to be relying on(i really really hope the lad comes good), our scout needs sacked, one of the most braindead transfers ever in our history happened because our manager is clearly nae all there and it is so obvious how wrong he got that. Stevie may is f@cking expensive horsesh@t. All of this was clear last night

F@ck it was clear when we huffed and puffed v a sh@te Motherwell, were f@cking attrocious first half v St Johnstone, utterly abysmal v sevco and didnt deserve to win that.

I really worry about Saturday. It could be a massacre

On the positives we are through and heading to Hampdung. Also we have the best keeper in the league and centre half pairing in the league. But i suppose we had one of the best strikers up untill not long ago and he was sold off and not replaced.

We are miles away from a good team

We need some serious changes.

"We are miles away from a good team
    We need some serious changes"

IMO;
    A left back - Considine needs benched - not sure about Lowe & he's not ours anyway
    A central midfielder that can pass
    A "no10" - not replaced Christie/McLean
    a right winger - McGinn is a shadow of the player he was first time
    another striker - May & Cosgrove are p1ss poor

So half a team then?

Saturday could be messy
    My fear is all this pish in the media about the Dhims "being in disarray", "splits in the camp2 etc could bite us on the a**e on Saturday.
    An angry Celtic...at Parkhead...like you say, could be messy

The important thing is the result.

That never used to be my philosophy, it was all about the performance for me, but that's because I used to naively believe that told you more about how the future would pan out than the result. Too many games where we've been comfortably beaten only to give the same team a doing a few weeks later (or vice versa) has cured me of that. It's not that simple. We're in the semis after a ****e away draw to a very strong side. Home advantage is huge when two teams are so close in ability. Hibs are out. The respective teams form could look very different by the next time we play.

I agree there are concerns. Not much sign May's going to come good second season, I fear McGinn has lost something, some of the Cosgrove criticism seems hysterical but he should be emergency back up at best, Forrester and Gleeson haven't exactly hit the ground running. But we gave a great account of ourselves in Europe against a team with 20 times the resources, are unbeaten in the league apart from a game that was decided by one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen, and we're in the semis of the cup. Not bad for a team that everyone, including the manager, agrees hasn't started to play yet.

We played to our strength, defence, as we have nothing to offer up front, sitting back allowed Hibs greater possession and the opportunity to run at us making them look good. They created chances but weren’t capable of taking them, we also made chances but were unable to take them. No major iffy decisions went against Hibs, so no hard luck stories there. They had the same chance as us to win on penalties but again weren’t capable of finishing the job.
    We deserve to be in the semis, admittedly not on the balance of play but by having the resolve to see the job through despite being under pressure, something they couldn’t do.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

From early impressions on the games against Motherwell and Hibs , I'd agree wi' Brian that Wilson does , indeed, look like a player.

But to get the best out of him we'll need to find someone to partner him up front. Not Cosgrove. He's simply not good enough. The Stevie May of about 4/5 years ago would have been ideal. If the current version can re-capture that form , it could be a game-changer for our prospects this season.

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast