+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    We played to our strength, defence, as we have nothing to offer up front, sitting back allowed Hibs greater possession and the opportunity to run at us making them look good. They created chances but weren’t capable of taking them, we also made chances but were unable to take them. No major iffy decisions went against Hibs, so no hard luck stories there. They had the same chance as us to win on penalties but again weren’t capable of finishing the job.
    We deserve to be in the semis, admittedly not on the balance of play but by having the resolve to see the job through despite being under pressure, something they couldn’t do.
    Very good post.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    From early impressions on the games against Motherwell and Hibs , I'd agree wi' Brian that Wilson does , indeed, look like a player.

But to get the best out of him we'll need to find someone to partner him up front. Not Cosgrove. He's simply not good enough. The Stevie May of about 4/5 years ago would have been ideal. If the current version can re-capture that form , it could be a game-changer for our prospects this season.
    We need to find a creative midfielder to help. Good teams will nullyify GMS and McGinn will nulify himself as last night clearly showed

Again all the May hate is unbalanced. We looked far better when he came on for Cosgrove. Link up play improved and we instantly played the counter attack much better.

Yes he missed a chance but by Christ McGInn's was a worse miss and a much easier chance. I had McGinn burying that all night long.

I haven't seen highlights but I still believe May was tugged back as he tried to lob the Hibs keeper. I may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    The important thing is the result.
    Your new found philosophy has a sort of cult following down Ibrox way

Alas, even they found that eventually we all have to pay the piper

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Again all the May hate is unbalanced. We looked far better when he came on for Cosgrove. Link up play improved and we instantly played the counter attack much better.

Yes he missed a chance but by Christ McGInn's was a worse miss and a much easier chance. I had McGinn burying that all night long.

I haven't seen highlights but I still believe May was tugged back as he tried to lob the Hibs keeper. I may be wrong though.
    I agree, we played better when May came on. He is a better footballer than Cosgrove, but they both cant score which makes them equally as bad in a striker roll. What worried me last night was the lack of midfield, it was almost as if we didn't have one at times. There were 7 defensive players in that starting line up, so it was only ever going to go one way.

Donsdaft will hate me saying this, but we miss Mclean massively. Forrester doesn't look to have the same panache and I don't remember him really touching the ball in the whole time he was on. We are honking up front, but the lack of delivery from the midfield is equally as worrying.

There were games last season where we were putting 15-20 crosses into the box and still struggled to score in some games. Now we have strikers who cant score and we are lucky if 5 decent crosses make it into the box. It's a recipe for disaster and its no wonder we are short on goals being scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    He is a better footballer than Cosgrove, .
    We are all better footballers than that muppet pal, yes including me and I am the wrong side of 50 years old now and sadly the wrong side of 100Kg's

That clown should be nowhere near our club

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We need to find a creative midfielder to help. Good teams will nullyify GMS and McGinn will nulify himself as last night clearly showed

The imminent returns of Ross and Wright will, in the short term till January, majorly help us in that respect. Cast your mind back to the St Mirren game in the previous round, even if the Paisley side were mince that day.

Lewis Ferguson's return will also help in that midfiield area

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We did win. We absolutley f@cking did not deserve to. We didnt win that game. Hibs won it for us and theybf@cking outplayed us and schooled us at times. Says it all. I would be surprised if Lennon isnt still roasting them in the changing room now

Id be alarmed if there wasnt negativity. I have never seen a team get so lucky in a long time. We have been f@cking dire all season and last night cant happen every game.we are in line for a few proper scuddings if things dont pick up its going to be a long season. We have serious issues that need addressed and are being ignored. By our manager and fans. We create f@ck all, cosgrove is horsesh@t, considine is horsesh@t Logan is not the player he was, McGinn is not near the player he was and was especially sh@t last night, we have one striker who has only scored once and is injury prone as f@ck who the clubs hopes seem to be relying on(i really really hope the lad comes good), our scout needs sacked, one of the most braindead transfers ever in our history happened because our manager is clearly nae all there and it is so obvious how wrong he got that. Stevie may is f@cking expensive horsesh@t. All of this was clear last night

F@ck it was clear when we huffed and puffed v a sh@te Motherwell, were f@cking attrocious first half v St Johnstone, utterly abysmal v sevco and didnt deserve to win that.

I really worry about Saturday. It could be a massacre

On the positives we are through and heading to Hampdung. Also we have the best keeper in the league and centre half pairing in the league. But i suppose we had one of the best strikers up untill not long ago and he was sold off and not replaced.

We are miles away from a good team

We need some serious changes.
    Hibs never schooled us in the game,they were sh1te and we were worse.The way some are going on about super duper Hibs it’s like Joe Lewis had to make a dozen top class saves to keep them out. I don’t think they bothered him for the entire 120 minutes.

I never saw the Hibs fans giving their team a standing ovation at the final whistle either,the way some are going on about how they played you would think they deserved that.

As for McGinn not being the same player he was in his first spell didn’t you always used to go on about how shyte he was before he left?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    We played to our strength, defence, as we have nothing to offer up front, sitting back allowed Hibs greater possession and the opportunity to run at us making them look good. They created chances but weren’t capable of taking them, we also made chances but were unable to take them. No major iffy decisions went against Hibs, so no hard luck stories there. They had the same chance as us to win on penalties but again weren’t capable of finishing the job.
    We deserve to be in the semis, admittedly not on the balance of play but by having the resolve to see the job through despite being under pressure, something they couldn’t do.

How can you write that our defence is our strength and then write that Hibs didn't take the multitude of chances they made? Our defence was VERY poor. Central defence were continually pulled out wide - leaving a MASSIVE hole in the middle. The were continually having to break out of the back line to attack midfielders. They were a shambles.

Despite holding midfield being McInnes's favourite go-to buy/loan he plays Shinnie there. Shinnie then spends 90 minutes running around like a banshee, trying to do absolutely everything himself - cos he gives 100% and is one of our own - leaving his TEAM mates wondering what is happening. He lacks the discipline - boring boring discipline - to hold in the centre. Particularly positional discipline.

Problem number one? Our big summer signings? On the bench. Gleeson. Forrester. (May from last year) or injured (Hobban). Or playing a role they are possibly unfamiliar with - Lowe (lets get a left back and see where we can play him). Recruitment is PANTS.

Problem number two? Coaching not good enough. Players dont seem to know what they are doing - midfield and defence in particular last night were clueless. Despite having a 6-man back 4 (sic) Hibs continually played it through the channels. How? Did it change in the second half? Nope.

Five nil last night would have been a fair result and we won - not because of our strength in defence - but because Hibs were pants at finishing. Just like Dundee at Dens.

Recruitment and coaching.

Like Mason said - last night papered over the cracks.

And yes - I'm a happy clapping, DNAer, never miss a game supporter. Who is worried.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Hibs never schooled us in the game,they were sh1te and we were worse.The way some are going on about super duper Hibs it’s like Joe Lewis had to make a dozen top class saves to keep them out. I don’t think they bothered him for the entire 120 minutes.

I never saw the Hibs fans giving their team a standing ovation at the final whistle either,the way some are going on about how they played you would think they deserved that.

As for McGinn not being the same player he was in his first spell didn’t you always used to go on about how shyte he was before he left?

I disagree, Hibs cut us apart time and time again.

Only dreadful finishing by the guys some on here rave about stopped them from scoring. Maybe the so called wonder strikers Hibs have aren't quite as good as they like to rave about.

Last night we were crying out for Ryan Jack. Not a creative type.

Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast