+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Never in doubt.

That was more than 6-5 surely

Just looked it up, my short term memory isn't getting any better, I don't remember Logan taking one

Bloody Flashscores says Logan took a penalty.

Thought I'd eventually flipped there.

Heart-rate finally dropped below 350 ...

On reflection, there were long spells where I felt we were comfortable, actually looking competent. There's no denying Hibs played much the better football and passed it around very well. Very impressed with Mallan - understand we had a chance to sign him early summer? - why not? Lot of early posts on here about Martin Boyle ... he's a cheating kunt - handball, diving all over the place .... w@nker.

The boy Hanlon held them together very well for the spells we had pressure. Mackay-Steven had one of those nearly nights for us. Our set-piece delivery was absolutely shocking - especially the May free kick and McGinn corner in the last 3 minutes of normal time.

Still ..... we're through despite playing for over 80 minutes with 10 men .... Cosgrove is worse than useless ...

Good Night.

Delighted at the result but f**k me we’re a hard watch.

Michael Stewart nailed it as usual...
    “James Wilson HAS to work for Aberdeen”
    ... the subtext being May & Cosgrove are pish.

We’re also workmanlike but bereft of creativity unless GMS is on his game.

Even tonight, folk say we defended well.
    We didn’t.
    We coughed up about 6 chances Hibs should’ve taken.

Put it this way, play similarly on Saturday and we’ll get hosed even though the Dhims are struggling.
    Add in the media ladelling in to Celtic, questioning their togetherness etc... it’s got a horsing written all over it.

Awful game. What was with the pitch at the North end? Apart from Balls free kick pretty much everything hit at that end from both teams was in to row z.

Shinnie probably irritated me more than any other player tonight. He doesn't shield the ball well enough and gives it away with slack passes way too much for our club captain in my opinion. He's certainly got the passion but needs to work on his composure if he wants to stay in midfield.

I suppose the fans deserved the penalty shoot out as they didn't have much else to get excited about. Great fun at sudden death when their boy missed. I left when DM looked like he was away to break in to his dad dancing again. That would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Heart-rate finally dropped below 350 ...

On reflection, there were long spells where I felt we were comfortable, actually looking competent. There's no denying Hibs played much the better football and passed it around very well. Very impressed with Mallan - understand we had a chance to sign him early summer? - why not? Lot of early posts on here about Martin Boyle ... he's a cheating kunt - handball, diving all over the place .... w@nker.

The boy Hanlon held them together very well for the spells we had pressure. Mackay-Steven had one of those nearly nights for us. Our set-piece delivery was absolutely shocking - especially the May free kick and McGinn corner in the last 3 minutes of normal time.

Still ..... we're through despite playing for over 80 minutes with 10 men .... Cosgrove is worse than useless ...

Good Night.
    Aye, can’t disagree with much of that.
    For a team that prides itself on scoring from set pieces our delivery tonight was atrocious.

Stevie May is f*****g rank.
    As is Cosgrove.
    Don’t start me on Considine either.

We need to stop playing those 3 FFS.

Ball (I never thought I’d say this) is slightly winning me over as a defensive midfielder.
    Wilson showed neat touches & some promise.
    Need to keep him fit or we’re f****d

Agree on the Ball front. Deal him in.

But bye fluck - get him to warm up on the music front.

Ditch the Andy cross dresser hate.

Liking the Logan/Lowe natural wing-back route.

Christ my heart was in mouth when both May and Forrester stepped up. Come on lads - time to up your game -we need you.

Devlin is proving to be a great signing. Him and Ferguson are solid. Hope a deal can be done to retain Lowe.

Joey - you’re a king.

Hope we hold out for the £10m for Scottie - he’s immense.

Bring on the Jambos.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 25-09-2018 at 11:15 PM.

Absolutely horrendous performance tonight.

Extremely lucky to be in the next round, the old boxing anology springs to mind, that fight wouldn't have gone the distance as the referee would have stopped it.

Logan and Considine were horrendous (again) our midfield was missing all night. There was no composure and no fight in the midfield. We need another Ryan Jack figure in there to put his foot on the ball, look up and pass, someone who knows how to retain possession and take the heat off. Shinnie can't do that.

Cosgrove I have been patient with but that patience has worn thin. He's a very poor Jayden Stockley. Don't see him offering us anything over the course of the season.

GMS and Wilson looked sharper and big Joe once again came to our rescue. I did think we looked better once May came on for Sam. Would like to see May's lob effort again as I'm sure he was tugged back as he was about to shoot.

Hibs first home defeat this year, I guess that is my positive for tonight.

Just watched the highlights and by Christ we were lucky Hibs couldn't score worth a ****.

I don't mind a scrappy uncomfortable win in the cup which I expected anyway.

Big Joe is our most valuable player, more so than McKenna or Shinnie.

Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast