+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Who's the ref for this game ?

Worst-case scenario ......Steven McLean

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This is my fear... he’ll change the tactics, team and formation again to nullify a team who should really be changing their facts etc to nullify us.

I think he has to play Lowe to combat Boyles pace. I think he’ll try to find a way to fit considine in too though, which could mean the dreaded 3 at the back.

Lewis
    Devlin McKenna Considine
    Logan Gleeson Shinnie Lowe
    GMS McGinn
    Wilson

Doesn’t look bad on paper, GMS and McGinn floating across the final third behind Wilson... but in reality it probably wouldn’t work as we never do well with a back 3.
    You can’t play 3 at the back with two wing backs (Logan & Lowe) as well as two wingers (McGinn & GMS)
    They’ll get in each other’s way.
    And if u play McGinn & GMS tucked in behind a striker in some kind of 3-4-2-1 then that’ll negate them

I do fear a tombola type, over thought out, clusterf*ck of a formation though.

Our manager should just focus on us more.
    The only concession to Hibs I’d make is to play pace at left back to combat Boyle.

He hasn't played 3 at the back for a while, so it's probably going to happen against Hibs or Timmy this week. Won't work as usual, but he is too thick to learn from his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Who's the ref for this game ?

Worst-case scenario ......Steven McLean

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    does it really matter the majority of them have been c@@@@ to us this season

Oot
    In front of BT sports on telly
    Pre work
    post hoose
    1-2 Considine Cosgrove ( possibly both flukes)...hopefully in hibs net not ours ( not guaranteed )

In/Oot - In (Red TV International)

Furryboots - Ma living room in the sandpit

Pre - a pre game nap in ma bed as this is a late one for me

Post - Back to bed

Prediction - 1-0 Hibs

Red TV picture reception - should be decent as it always is from Easter Road

In/Oot - In
    Furryboots - Upper tier Block 34
    Pre - Driving
    Post - Driving
    Prediction - it will be a tight one, I can see it being a draw after 90 minutes. Hoping we have enough to go through before penalties

McLean as ref clinches it.

I’m struggling to see how we’ll score enough goals to win this game as I’m pretty sure Hibs will score at least 1. We have a guy who can finish in Wilson and 2 guys who can create in GMS and McGinn but for me the problem is what’s going on in the centre - without a McLean, Christie or Wright in the centre we’ve got no creativity whatsoever.

Most Aberdeen fans would likely pick the same first 11 but most Aberdeen fans would also struggle to guess what mcInnes will pick for any given game. As has been said, we worry too much about matching up to other teams rather than imposing ourselves on them. I think the reason is we don’t have the ability through the middle to take hold of a game to allow ourselves to impose ourselves.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast