+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Of the players currently injured, how many would DM see as in the starting X1?
    One? Lewis Ferguson?
    Ross, Wright likely be subs
    Hoban possibly a sub too?

They would give us more options off the bench I agree, but as for the first X1, I'm not so sure.
    My point above was about players still carrying knocks or just come back from injury.
    Having a fully fit squad may give us more balance.
    We were outperformed in midfield yesterday tactically I thought with Hibs having 5 in midfield and for large extents we only had 3 (Shinnie, Ball, Lowe)

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    We do not concede many goals and we certainly don’t look like scoring goals and that is the reason I believe McInnes is setting up to rely on the defence, as I said that is our strength at the present, certainly in comparison with our attack and midfield which has nothing creative. Yes they were given a very difficult time and Hibs created a few good chances which They were Unable to take, by the way you gilded the Lilly by saying that I said they created a multitude of chances, we also created chances but couldn’t take them, although ours were mostly breakaway and not sustained pressure. Torrid a time as our defence had we held out and also had the ability to better them in the shoot out.
    OK - I used the word multitude - you didn't. But i WAS a multitude

OK - Mcinnes is setting up to rely on his defence. But it isn't working.

OK - we created a few chances - possibly two good ones? They created at least six.

Hmmm - our defence held out? That's the point. I dont think the defence DID hold out - I think Hibs attack missed the chances they had.

Penalty shoot our could have gone either way but we got a great start when Lewis saved and after that the pressure was always on Hibs - even after McGinn missed they still HAD to score.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post

OK - we created a few chances - possibly two good ones?
    No it was 4 - Considine, Ball, May and McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    No it was 4 - Considine, Ball, May and McGinn.
    Haven't seen replays on tv. Considine one - was that in the first half? Couldn't be sure what happened as at the other end.

Ball? Free kick. Wouldn't say we created that.

I'll stick with my two good chances. You can stick with your four.

Haven't seen replays on tv. Considine one - was that in the first half? Couldn't be sure what happened as at the other end.

Considine one was in the first couple of minutes.
    I agree though, it was hard to see clearly at the other end.

The Ball one was a created opportunity.
    If they did not foul our player, we could have had an even better opportunity.

Considine was a sitter in my eyes. Being a defender is no excuse

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Considine was a sitter in my eyes. Being a defender is no excuse
    Nae quite a sitter, but certainly a good opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nae quite a sitter, but certainly a good opportunity.
    Should have scored. Sitter

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s two ways of looking at the same thing. I think we can all agree we’ve pish all season but despite that, we find ourselves in an alright position. Some will argue that that’s the sign of a good side & once we click or our players come back we’ll be set for a good season. Others will say the pish start is entirely down to us being pish. Time will tell
    Aye Grasshopper, that`s profound as feck !! I agree .

Wilson showed some signs of being a hell of a player . If we keep im both fit , and interested ?

Don`t we get this every season though ? Deek shuffling the side around and never settling on a settled first eleven until January. Then whoosh, we take off . In form with the same 11 each week.

Only difference this year , is more injuries screwing it up ( aye, he`s signed injury prone players)

Lets see what happens when Ferguson and Wright become available again ?

OK - I used the word multitude - you didn't. But i WAS a multitude

OK - Mcinnes is setting up to rely on his defence. But it isn't working.

OK - we created a few chances - possibly two good ones? They created at least six.

Hmmm - our defence held out? That's the point. I dont think the defence DID hold out - I think Hibs attack missed the chances they had.

Penalty shoot our could have gone either way but we got a great start when Lewis saved and after that the pressure was always on Hibs - even after McGinn missed they still HAD to score.
    They had most possession but done nothing with it, poor finishing and poor decision making cost them, the one absolute sitter was the one where the lad swivelled and shot past an empty goal, our defence put them under varying degrees of pressure at the other chances, the couldn’t deal with it, had they done so they would have scored.
    Our penalty kicks were superior to theirs, that is the reason we are in the semis.
    Btw McGinn was the last person I wanted to take a penalty.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast