+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

At the end of the game the match ba was punted into the lower stand. Auld lad (same age as me) at the back of the stand caught it and stuffed it up his jumper.

Did he manage to keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    At the end of the game the match ba was punted into the lower stand. Auld lad (same age as me) at the back of the stand caught it and stuffed it up his jumper.
    That practice seemed in vogue throughout the match

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I disagree, Hibs cut us apart time and time again.

Only dreadful finishing by the guys some on here rave about stopped them from scoring. Maybe the so called wonder strikers Hibs have aren't quite as good as they like to rave about.

Last night we were crying out for Ryan Jack. Not a creative type.
    For me, the formation meant that Hibs had an extra midfielder (or two) which allowed them to boss the midfield.
    I'm not sure if GMS was carrying a knock, but he was clearly told to stay high up the pitch, not come back into midfield as much.
    Logan was then tasked to combat Stevenson down the left.

So Hibs dominated the game because of that increased midfield presence.
    I believe if we are to play better, we need to revert to the 5 in midfield, 2 defensive and 3 attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Hibs never schooled us in the game,they were sh1te and we were worse.The way some are going on about super duper Hibs it’s like Joe Lewis had to make a dozen top class saves to keep them out. I don’t think they bothered him for the entire 120 minutes.

I never saw the Hibs fans giving their team a standing ovation at the final whistle either,the way some are going on about how they played you would think they deserved that.

As for McGinn not being the same player he was in his first spell didn’t you always used to go on about how shyte he was before he left?
    He wasnt bothered as they were very sh@te at finishing. Do you think Leigh Griffiths would let us away with letting them in that much. He would have had a field day. Thats why Saturday is very worrying

I wouldnt give the team a standing ovation as they f@cking blew it
    The
    I said McGinn was very good when he was good and non existant when he couldnt be assed. Hes not even that player now

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    How can you write that our defence is our strength and then write that Hibs didn't take the multitude of chances they made? Our defence was VERY poor. Central defence were continually pulled out wide - leaving a MASSIVE hole in the middle. The were continually having to break out of the back line to attack midfielders. They were a shambles.

Despite holding midfield being McInnes's favourite go-to buy/loan he plays Shinnie there. Shinnie then spends 90 minutes running around like a banshee, trying to do absolutely everything himself - cos he gives 100% and is one of our own - leaving his TEAM mates wondering what is happening. He lacks the discipline - boring boring discipline - to hold in the centre. Particularly positional discipline.

Problem number one? Our big summer signings? On the bench. Gleeson. Forrester. (May from last year) or injured (Hobban). Or playing a role they are possibly unfamiliar with - Lowe (lets get a left back and see where we can play him). Recruitment is PANTS.

Problem number two? Coaching not good enough. Players dont seem to know what they are doing - midfield and defence in particular last night were clueless. Despite having a 6-man back 4 (sic) Hibs continually played it through the channels. How? Did it change in the second half? Nope.

Five nil last night would have been a fair result and we won - not because of our strength in defence - but because Hibs were pants at finishing. Just like Dundee at Dens.

Recruitment and coaching.

Like Mason said - last night papered over the cracks.

And yes - I'm a happy clapping, DNAer, never miss a game supporter. Who is worried.
    We do not concede many goals and we certainly don’t look like scoring goals and that is the reason I believe McInnes is setting up to rely on the defence, as I said that is our strength at the present, certainly in comparison with our attack and midfield which has nothing creative. Yes they were given a very difficult time and Hibs created a few good chances which They were Unable to take, by the way you gilded the Lilly by saying that I said they created a multitude of chances, we also created chances but couldn’t take them, although ours were mostly breakaway and not sustained pressure. Torrid a time as our defence had we held out and also had the ability to better them in the shoot out.

We've managed to keep our heads above water with a half injured squad. I'm happy for now and confident that once we get our full squad back fit and all our options available, performances will improve. Surely we can't be that devoid of creativity and basic footballing fundamentals for a whole season can we?

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    We've managed to keep our heads above water with a half injured squad. I'm happy for now and confident that once we get our full squad back fit and all our options available, performances will improve. Surely we can't be that devoid of creativity and basic footballing fundamentals for a whole season can we?
    I too wonder how much we are covering up injuries.
    Wilson just back
    McKenna just back
    McGinn benched,
    GMS told to stay upfield most of the game
    Devlin just back from injury and I was worried when he went down and was hobbling for a bit.
    Wright out
    Reynolds Out
    Hobon Out
    Ross was out and just back

The positive spin is that we are defensively strong and hard to beat.
    Indeed our only domestic defeat this year was when The Craig Thomson Show wrongly sent Devlin off in the 04th minute

Quote Originally Posted by PittodriePile View Post
    Of the players currently injured, how many would DM see as in the starting X1?
    One? Lewis Ferguson?
    Ross, Wright likely be subs
    Hoban possibly a sub too?

They would give us more options off the bench I agree, but as for the first X1, I'm not so sure.

It’s two ways of looking at the same thing. I think we can all agree we’ve pish all season but despite that, we find ourselves in an alright position. Some will argue that that’s the sign of a good side & once we click or our players come back we’ll be set for a good season. Others will say the pish start is entirely down to us being pish. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Again all the May hate is unbalanced. We looked far better when he came on for Cosgrove. Link up play improved and we instantly played the counter attack much better.

Yes he missed a chance but by Christ McGInn's was a worse miss and a much easier chance. I had McGinn burying that all night long.

I haven't seen highlights but I still believe May was tugged back as he tried to lob the Hibs keeper. I may be wrong though.
    You're not wrong - he was clearly pulled back as he connected with the ball. Didn't seem to complain much strangely enough, most players would.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast