+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs v Dons Quarter Final roll call etc....

Just getting around to giving my tuppence worth on last night (work's a bu@@er when it gets in the way of football forums). Clearly there are two conflicting views on here of either we played poorly again or alternatively we played poorly but it doesn't matter because we are in the semis.

My own view is a bit of both. Ultimately it was a cup game and the fundamental requirement is to win to still be in the cup, so job done as far as that goes. That also comes with the added benefits of the immediate euphoria of the bounce after their penalty comes off the bar, the satisfaction of reading popcorn teeth the next morning greetin' about how unfair the world is and the two hour drive home feeling like one hour instead of four hours if the shoot out had gone the other way.

Having said that (and they are not insignificant positives!!), why do we want to be in the next round, surely only because it is a further step towards winning the cup and no other reason. That's where the negatives come in, because by and large what we saw last night is pretty much a continuation of what we have seen in our domestic league games so far this season, which is a lack of creativity resulting in being largely devoid of a goalscoring threat. It looks likely that barring a major surprise tonight we will have to beat two out of celtic/sevco/hertz to win the cup and it's pretty doubtful that a repeat performance of last night at Hampden will get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Just getting around to giving my tuppence worth on last night (work's a bu@@er when it gets in the way of football forums). Clearly there are two conflicting views on here of either we played poorly again or alternatively we played poorly but it doesn't matter because we are in the semis.

My own view is a bit of both. Ultimately it was a cup game and the fundamental requirement is to win to still be in the cup, so job done as far as that goes. That also comes with the added benefits of the immediate euphoria of the bounce after their penalty comes off the bar, the satisfaction of reading popcorn teeth the next morning greetin' about how unfair the world is and the two hour drive home feeling like one hour instead of four hours if the shoot out had gone the other way.

Having said that (and they are not insignificant positives!!), why do we want to be in the next round, surely only because it is a further step towards winning the cup and no other reason. That's where the negatives come in, because by and large what we saw last night is pretty much a continuation of what we have seen in our domestic league games so far this season, which is a lack of creativity resulting in being largely devoid of a goalscoring threat. It looks likely that barring a major surprise tonight we will have to beat two out of celtic/sevco/hertz to win the cup and it's pretty doubtful that a repeat performance of last night at Hampden will get the job done.
    Meant Easter Road of course, getting ahead of myself.

By the way, it looks like both semis will have to be played on Sunday 28th October if both celtic and sevco get through and avoid each other in draw given both are playing Thursday night

Two negatives from last night, Considine and Cosgrove, Considine looks like he is a worried man, body language is all wrong, positioning is all wrong and why he takes throw ins is beyond me, he never seems to manage to find a teammate, Cosgrove seems to think that its ok to spend his time trying to just header the ball and invariably it could land just about anywhere, I would love to see his statistical record of goal attempts on and off target since he joined us, I guess they would be pretty poor.
    All in all we have to be delighted with another semi, but lets hope that Mcinnes isnt happy enough to be just papering over the cracks by thinking a trip to Hampden will keep all of us happy.
    Oh and Mcginns penalty, you could just tell he was going to miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I disagree, Hibs cut us apart time and time again.

Only dreadful finishing by the guys some on here rave about stopped them from scoring. Maybe the so called wonder strikers Hibs have aren't quite as good as they like to rave about.

Last night we were crying out for Ryan Jack. Not a creative type.
    We got cut apart plenty of times when Ryan Jack was in the team,if we are going to start saying we miss him we would be better off turning the lights out at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We got cut apart plenty of times when Ryan Jack was in the team,if we are going to start saying we miss him we would be better off turning the lights out at Pittodrie.
    He's still bottling it against Celtic as well. If he wasn't such a shite bag, he'd be ideal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He wasnt bothered as they were very sh@te at finishing. Do you think Leigh Griffiths would let us away with letting them in that much. He would have had a field day. Thats why Saturday is very worrying

I wouldnt give the team a standing ovation as they f@cking blew it
    The
    I said McGinn was very good when he was good and non existant when he couldnt be assed. Hes not even that player now
    No you didn’t,you used to go on about how shyte he was and done next to nothing in most games. I argued that his goals and assists record were worth having him in the team.

He has 1 goal and 1 assist in the last 3 games by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Well we will be shortly.

Anyone who thinks we are not missing Jack is a clown. If the cap fits.

We have nobody who is capable of puting his foot on the ball, looking up and play a possession keeping pass. I'd say at least 90% of our passing last night while under pressure went to a green shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Well we will be shortly.

Anyone who thinks we are not missing Jack is a clown. If the cap fits.

We have nobody who is capable of puting his foot on the ball, looking up and play a possession keeping pass. I'd say at least 90% of our passing last night while under pressure went to a green shirt.
    Yeah and Ryan jack was such a great player he was beating teams off with a stick when he was available

I’m sure he comes from a lovely family but is it ok to call Ryan Jack a lying Hun weasel?

I think think we miss him and his ****ey wee 3 yard passes too.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I saw it happen at Pittodrie recently too.

Shinnie clearly dumbfounded by what he was reading.
    Like from the note brought on by Anderson in the pre-season friendly at St.Johnstone...

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast