+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Emojis and LOL

O/T Emojis and LOL

Who else hates people who use emojis and puts LOL on the end of everything? Now I'm not denying that I might have used emojis in the past but never LOL. I don't have a problem with the younger generation using them but FFS , I was born in 1962 and when I see people around my age using them it's fcukin embarrassing .

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Who else hates people who use emojis and puts LOL on the end of everything? Now I'm not denying that I might have used emojis in the past but never LOL. I don't have a problem with the younger generation using them but FFS , I was born in 1962 and when I see people around my age using them it's fcukin embarrassing .
    I never use emojis and never type 'lol', unless I'm moaning about chavs who do type 'lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I never use emojis and never type 'lol', unless I'm moaning about chavs who do type 'lol'.
    I wouldn't call them chavs , the kids of today use them and why shouldn't they?

Moaning old ****s lol!

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Moaning old ****s lol!
    Isnt he. Uses FFS to complain about LOL..LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    who else hates people who use emojis and puts lol on the end of everything? Now i'm not denying that i might have used emojis in the past but never lol. I don't have a problem with the younger generation using them but ffs , i was born in 1962 and when i see people around my age using them it's fcukin embarrassing .

lmfao.

What's wrong with putting "Lots of Love" in posts? Aren't we supposed to be being nice to eachother? roflmao. <g> (for those who don't like emojiis)

I dislike the furgers even more:

https://media.giphy.com/media/laJm02CDBGysg/giphy.gif

Hot the **** do you post gifs?

dmfhi, lol, lmfao.
    Last edited by countygump; 24-09-2018 at 07:21 AM.

It's strange isn't it that an a fast developing world of technology people still have issues with language when it evolves. Imagine us all still talking/writing like Shakespeare and trying to fit it all into a text or tweet etc.

The way we communicate will continue to change as we cross language and cultural divides and technology will be the driver for this.

I actually think emoji's are a good thing, they can emphasis the tone of a tweet, message, forum post etc. The written word can very easily be misunderstood, a bit of tongue in cheek sarcasm could really offend but end it with a tongue sticking out emoji and it becomes clear it was not meant to be taken too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    What's wrong with putting "Lots of Love" in posts? Aren't we supposed to be being nice to eachother? roflmao. <g> (for those who don't like emojiis)
    I'm I thought LOL meant laugh out loud...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast