+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T pets: Cats v Dogs

Vatican?? Hmmm veruca

We tried not having a dog after Lucy our Cocker Spaniel died but after 6 months we just found that there was a void.

We got Alfie the Shi Tzu, now aged 5 and a year later we got Rosie (4) another Shi Tzu, and wow and more wow. It depends on your circumstances but the fun you have and the joy they bring is absolutely wonderful. They really are our kids and I really couldn’t do without them.

They say a dog is mans best friend and they are not wrong.

They are not to be taken on a whim though and they are totally dependent on you so they aren’t for everyone but what you get back is immeasurable.

I suppose someone's got to speak up for cats and that'll have to be me.

Our Clemmie is black, small and brave. She keeps the rat and mouse population down in and around the house and she is good company in the evening. Always climbs up and sits still and quiet. Yes, you can't tell what she's thinking and there is an element of selfishness about everything she does but she has character. She's indoor/outdoor which makes her pretty independent. She doesn't take any sh*t from anyone. Feeding her is simple and she makes no mess. She doesn't need taking for endless walks with a plastic bag to pick up her crap. She doesn't slobber everywhere or bark incessantly and she generally doesn't need attention.

Having said that, she does rip things with her claws, and we have far fewer birds in the garden since her arrival.

Probably because they crap on everyone else’s garden. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Probably because they crap on everyone else’s garden. ��
    Fair comment...though my garden is quite large and she keeps it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Fair comment...though my garden is quite large and she keeps it at home.
    I read your post and thought you had discovered a breed of cat that didn't take a crap, CT!

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I read your post and thought you had discovered a breed of cat that didn't take a crap, CT!
    Wouldn't THAT be great! Cats are neat in that when they crap outside it tends to be in the same place. Trouble is, that place is usually where you're either walking or trying to grow something (and cat poo is not an effective plant fertilizer...)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12