+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T Best decade to live in Britain

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Hi obviously we all will pick the years we were ****agers to the late twenties. But yes for me the 60s were the best, soul music, Beatles craze many british bands that were famous that ordinary working class fans could get to see, The four tops in Sheffield Edwin starr at Rawmarsh baths, Lulu there as well. mods n Rockers Rotherham many years surviving in the now known as champions league(old second division}Went down town Rotherham yes as it was not as it is and you knew just about anyone night club everynight Pendulum. high house, Adam n Eve, Up n Up, boardwalk up Wickersly way, also the one just before white lion kimberworth rd cant remember the name begins with L think. place at the back of Ring o bells kimberworth. I had 8 jobs in my first two years of leaving school now Im 68 400 pound pension a month cant get a job struggling to survive so yes I left UK and came out here to Thailand miss watching The millers but keep up to date with the thanks to all who contribute to Millers mad cheers guys n gals
    Rawmarsh baths! Now there's a topic for a thread. Hollies, Tom Jones, Wilson Pickett, all played there.
    Joe Cocker at the Mod Club. Brilliant!
    And who could forget Dave, Dee, Beaky, Mitch and whatever the other one was called, at the Rotherham Baths.

The avatar (thanks CAM) shows a team led by Danny Williams at Millmoor, in arguably the Millers greatest days in the 50s.

Some good stuff there, giddy. I would however widen the "greatest days" a bit from the 1946-7 season when a club that had done little pre-war put a run of 5 great seasons in 3N together then had 15 years or so of doing pretty well in Div.2 (including 3rd) and a final and two QF appearances in the League Cup in the first half of the sixties. Great days.

For me it’s got to be 1963 - 1973,plenty of work everybody seemed happy,the music was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    For me it’s got to be 1963 - 1973,plenty of work everybody seemed happy,the music was great.
    Agreed, Lol. I also don't think youngsters appreciate what 1966 meant to the nation either and then for Celtic and Man.Utd to win the European Cup was (for me at least) great. And just for a few short months I thought the Doc was gonna take us to the Promised Land.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Agreed, Lol. I also don't think youngsters appreciate what 1966 meant to the nation either and then for Celtic and Man.Utd to win the European Cup was (for me at least) great. And just for a few short months I thought the Doc was gonna take us to the Promised Land.
    Not critising,just thinking.I,m from that era as well and remember those games fondly but we seem to forget Spurs in 1963 and Weat Ham in 65 both winning the cup winners cup(also Man City70 and Chelsea 71).
    Thanks Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by tom12026 View Post
    Not critising,just thinking.I,m from that era as well and remember those games fondly but we seem to forget Spurs in 1963 and Weat Ham in 65 both winning the cup winners cup(also Man City70 and Chelsea 71).
    Thanks Wikipedia
    Quite right, Tom. I suspect that my real interest in football was galvanised by the 1966 World Cup, hence the two earlier finals didn't register as much with me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234