+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unpleasant experience at away match Nottingham forest

Unpleasant experience at away match Nottingham forest

I'm 73, season ticket holder never miss an home match. Decided to go to Forest match. First half no problems good view sat at the back next to another fan similar age to me nice chat. Second half two Rotherham fans who were highly inebriated insisted on standing in front of us. The elderly fan sat next to me shouted sit down.
    The two blokes, probably in their late 20s, shouted why should we and gave him a load of abuse. I tried to reason with them and simply said "sit down mate" to one of them and I got a load of abuse. The elderly man next to me called security and eventually after more abuse they ushered them away to other fans who were standing.
    I've no problems with fans standing, fine. However, throughout the second half one of the blokes was pointing his finger at me mouthing "after the match" in a threatening manner.
    Forest scored the penalty in the 86th minute and to avoid any unpleasantness I left before the end of the match.
    What a sad state of affairs!

Happens regularly. A few p1ssheads that cant take their ale spoil it for others.

That's one of the reasons some people don't go to away games any more. Sad state of affairs.

We need a crowd liaison officer who travels to away games. I'd gladly photograph them and post their pictures on here on a wall of shame. My US licence to carry a concealed weapon does apply there doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's one of the reasons some people don't go to away games any more. Sad state of affairs.
    Exactly. Sickly will be upset when he reads this.

Report it to the club. If they were in the allocated seats (big if) the club should know who they were and should have a word.

Unbelievable but sadly not uncommon either , what a state of affairs indeed .

Respect and consideration is it that hard ? , even worse when it's your own with elderly people .

Three season total ban , minimum , time to grow the F up you'd hope .

No good contacting the club they came from other seats. There was no sign of them in the first half.

Sadly every forum I read has idiots like these. Respect and manners cost nothing..
    Even in the hospitality I've witnessed people holding doors open for the elderly and in wheelchairs only for a younger to walk through thinking there lord muck..

Haha. Saying that. First season at NYS I held the door for a chap in a electric wheelchair. He approached the door. Stopped and looked at me. I smiled and he just stared... After 10 ish seconds I said are you not coming through? His reply I will when tha shift out of the way.. 🤐.

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    No good contacting the club they came from other seats. There was no sign of them in the first half.
    The worst set of stewards I’ve seen in 59yrs of watching the Millers.
    Full weight w@nkers with no balls.
    They were asked twice to sort it and at the start of the 2nd half the steward and the copper on duty disappeared out of sight
    Tossers with no b@lls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast