+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 29th???

29th???

Richest owner in the E.F.L???

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...based-13285535
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'm not sure that's his own personal wealth but more likely the combined wealth of all his businesses?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I'm not sure that's his own personal wealth but more likely the combined wealth of all his businesses?
    I suppose you think all the others keep their money under their mattress

The real statistic is that we are 71st in the EFL and even 29th doesn't take us to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I'm not sure either but when the rumours were flying round about who was buying Notts from The Trews, a figure of him being worth £80,000,000 was mentioned and seemed to be a reliable quote. Perhaps he was worth that then, but spent the difference of £25M on paying off Nolan and Sheridan, improvements to the family stand, re-turfing the pitch, a new tannoy in the Kop, free T-shirts, buying new players... have I missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'm not sure either but when the rumours were flying round about who was buying Notts from The Trews, a figure of him being worth £80,000,000 was mentioned and seemed to be a reliable quote. Perhaps he was worth that then, but spent the difference of £25M on paying off Nolan and Sheridan, improvements to the family stand, re-turfing the pitch, a new tannoy in the Kop, free T-shirts, buying new players... have I missed anything?

Actually I heard 60 mill when he took over and that would seem about right.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Actually I heard 60 mill when he took over and that would seem about right.
    Also I thought John Radford was a lot richer than his listing seems to suggest? Choppers, Rollers and Dolly birds???

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I suppose you think all the others keep their money under their mattress

The real statistic is that we are 71st in the EFL and even 29th doesn't take us to the Championship.
    If it's true then yes it does make you wonder why he's even bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Also I thought John Radford was a lot richer than his listing seems to suggest? Choppers, Rollers and Dolly birds???
    I would take all of these figures with the proverbial pinch of salt. What they're worth on paper based on company assets doesn't mean they have anything like that money at their disposal, or that it's remotely accurate (it's all guesswork based on data in the public domain, which doesn't begin to tell the full story). There's also a lot of rich people on that list whose clubs aren't exactly rolling in cash - Blackpool, Bradford, Stevenage, Swindon and Colchester to name just the ones nearest our owner in the list.

I'd hope AH would have a look at the list and have a good laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I would take all of these figures with the proverbial pinch of salt. What they're worth on paper based on company assets doesn't mean they have anything like that money at their disposal, or that it's remotely accurate (it's all guesswork based on data in the public domain, which doesn't begin to tell the full story). There's also a lot of rich people on that list whose clubs aren't exactly rolling in cash - Blackpool, Bradford, Stevenage, Swindon and Colchester to name just the ones nearest our owner in the list.

I'd hope AH would have a look at the list and have a good laugh at it.
    As can be clearly demonstrated by our league position the cash investment by the owner is pointless if it is given to a fool to manage the playing budget with zero experience of it. At least by installing Paul Hart as a guide Mr Hardy has learnt ( the hard way).

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    As can be clearly demonstrated by our league position the cash investment by the owner is pointless if it is given to a fool to manage the playing budget with zero experience of it. At least by installing Paul Hart as a guide Mr Hardy has learnt ( the hard way).
    Interesting quote. The question is. How much clout does Paul Hart actually have? Being undermined by the HR dept is making me wonder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast