+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reserve game cancelled

Reserve game cancelled

Rotherham United’s Central League Cup game against Doncaster Rovers originally scheduled for Tuesday 25th September has been postponed.

The Millers second string were set to travel to Cantley Park for the cup fixture this week, but the game will be re-arranged with both clubs currently in contact to organise a new date.

The Millers’ next scheduled reserve game is set to take place on 16th October when they travel to Notts County.

Does anyone actually go to reserve games away from home?

Are they still free to watch with a season ticket at Roundwood?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Rotherham United’s Central League Cup game against Doncaster Rovers originally scheduled for Tuesday 25th September has been postponed.

Our reserves haven't played a league game at Roundwood since May -so no idea! We really ought to try to get into a better reserves league than the current one.

froggy, back in Millmoordays at reserve games you had to show your season tickets for entry.
    These days at Roundwood it’s free entry to one and all.
    We went to Cantley Park last season to watch the Millers run out easy winners.
    Free entry and a good turnout from the usual crowd. Team sheets were sold out when we got there.

What's the furthest you've been to watch a reserve match?

Never been to one that I can remember. Watched the Millers youth team twice in the sixties; once because they were playing against my school 1st XI and once when they played Chesterfield as my mate was playing for the opposition.

I used to enjoy the Rotherham Boys games at Millmoor.

Didn’t Richard Finley start with them? I could be wrong.

Mansfield, Nottingham, Grimsby.
    Don’t think for one minute I’m as obsessed as the legendary zippy lol.
    We make a day of it, women go shopping and we get the CAMRA book out to source some decent ale out.
    Then after the game back to the pub with the women to treat them to a nice meal.

I’m not that much of a diehard froggy
    Must try to get to Trent Bridge next season for the cricket. 😊

Leeds in the 90's.

The Millers’ next scheduled reserve game is set to take place on 16th October when they travel to Notts County.
    Does anyone actually go to reserve games away from home?
    Last season the reserves played on the bottom pitch, the one they train on because the top pitch needed sorting out.
    The training pitch is superb, better than most League 1 and League 2 pitches.
    All down to the staff that look after it and the fertiliser they throw on it.