+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another abject loss down to Artell

Yet another abject loss down to Artell

Dave Artell has to be the most negative manager in League2. You just know what is going to happen when the team comes out for the second half. It is mindnumbing boredom.

In the first half we dominated without having any style. Once again he played Ainley and Kirk on the wings. They are very rarely in the game. Play one of them, not both, And at the moment that would be Kirk. With both it leaves us short in midfield. Vale showed in the first half what a poor team they are. Completely clueless. Obvious what the Alex should do in the second half, more attack, but keep the ball on the floor.

Well the second half was no great surprise. Classical Artell negative tactics. Sit back, give Vale all the space and time on the ball that they want. We actually made a crap team look good. No surprise when they scored. After that we chose to attack with hoofball. Well Dave Artell you just lost us another game. One of many .

Once again it looks like we are going to be a league2 basement club. All down to the negative tactics. For me it is time for Dave Artell to go. Our team is going nowhere with him in charge. He has had loads of time, and his methods simply do not work.

I must admit that I am growing weary of Artell's tactics and constant whingeing after matches that we did not pass the ball enough. Too much hoof ball? You are the manager, so why not get the message across to your players to play to feet which, frankly, ought to be the first thought unless the Academy no longer focuses on possession and passing through teams. Vale were there for the taking on Saturday, but their CHs had a relaxing day out heading every cross away. How many seasons have gone by since the tactic of sitting back and giving the opposition so much space was derided as a tactic? I think there is a good squad available to Artell and we should be looking at a top 10 finish rather than a bottom ten finish.

Vale were crap and we were worse .The academy teams all play to feet so what that was in the second half was a joke .We definately lack a direct player with pace someone who turns the opposistion around .Everything on saturday was infront of vale's defense making it easy for them . We could do with Rodney Jack getting his boots back on !!!!

Much though I live Rodders I think he’d have to lay off his current employer’s products for a few months to outpace even Michael Raynes, never mind an opposition full back!

Bowery is quick and Miller and Kirk no slouches, but the latter two show little confidence to run past their man. Owen Dale is rumoured to be like the proverbial off a shovel so may be worth a run, certainly a place on the bench. But as long as we start with Porter the temptation will always be the easy way out of a long ball in his general direction. And how easily the well organised Vale CBs dealt with that from 4pm on Saturday - and yes I mean 4pm as we weren’t doing that in the first half. To then replace the admittedly fairly ineffectual Ainley with Miller (or was it Nichols?) then Bowery with the other one, leaving Porter even more isolated beggared belief.

Time to play to our strengths, and that means using the beautifully tended grass, preferably before we play in a monsoon and gets cut up for months in end.

So Aston to clarify your post. Are you still an Artell supporter and want him to stay in charge? Or are you like a large section sitting round me, fed up with his boring, negative tactics and want to see him gone?

For me I would have got rid of him last Christmas, and so far this season see no reason to change my opinion. By the lack of response to this thread seems a lot are still big Artell fans.

I’d stick with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    So Aston to clarify your post. Are you still an Artell supporter and want him to stay in charge? Or are you like a large section sitting round me, fed up with his boring, negative tactics and want to see him gone?

For me I would have got rid of him last Christmas, and so far this season see no reason to change my opinion. By the lack of response to this thread seems a lot are still big Artell fans.
    There is always a lack of response on here.
    Re Dave.
    I started off thinking he was a breath of fresh air, then realised quite quickly that he was tactically naive. At the end of last season, when we showed top six for for the last 10 ish games, I slightly changed my opinion of him. Sorry, but I am back to the thought that he is totally out of his depth...at Div 4 ffs!
    I love his honesty and passion, but that doesn't win games. The number of times we have been the better team in the first half, only to fall away in the second because the opposing manager has sussed it and made changes is embarrassing.
    Would I get rid...not sure. Christmas for me is the cut off point.

Agreed on Christmas being the cut off. Lower than 16th he should be walking. He’s got a talented squad this time round and we’re currently making bad sides look good.

I’m getting absolutely bored senseless of this aimless chipping a cross in. You can play football at this level you just need the players to be patient and your build up play around the box needs to be fast and with lots of movement. Today was patient and we worked the ball into the final 3rd well but as soon as we got there it was another lazy chip to the keeper.

Yet another defeat, and the firrst win this season for County. I see no reason for keeping Dave Artell as manager. Even the 2 on RS are questioning his tactics and position now. Now there is a surprise.

For me he should go this week. Lets face it, his tactics are every bit as negative as they were last season. He seems to have no idea what midfielders are supposed to do. That is where we are losing the games. The Directors have a duty to safeguard the future of the club and they should be taking action. Today we are currently 4 points away from relegation spot. Has anyone noticed that it is the small clubs at the top of our league?

Time for DA to go. Agree entirely that he has no clue about sorting out the midfield. The talent is there, but his tactics are negating the quality. The first team is better than heading once again for a relegation fight. No point waiting until Christmas. We will be bottom two by then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast