+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One for the anoraks.

One for the anoraks.

Two ex-Burnley players scored for Lincoln at the weekend, Jason Shackell and Shay McCarton. This must be a first, I can't believe it's ever happened before.

In fact it must be quite rare for two ex-players to score in the same game for anyone, never mind Lincoln, although it'll probably happen at Southampton sometime this season.
    Last edited by sinkov; 25-09-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Two ex-Burnley players scored for Lincoln at the weekend, Jason Shackell and Shay McCarton. This must be a first, I can't believe it's ever happened before.

In fact it must be quite rare for two ex-players to score in the same game for anyone, never mind Lincoln, although it'll probably happen at Southampton sometime this season.
    I'll check later but McIlroy and Elder at Stoke, Morgan and Connelly at United, Hankin and Flynn at Leeds etc, etc. There will be loads

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll check later but McIlroy and Elder at Stoke, Morgan and Connelly at United, Hankin and Flynn at Leeds etc, etc. There will be loads
    There must be some BT, but I really doubt there will be loads. Morgan and Connelly never played in the same United team, Alex Elder was a full back so rarely scored, Jimmy Mac wasn't a prolific scorer, so I'll be surprised if they both scored in the same game for Stoke. Flynn and Hankin is a possibility, Flynn scored 11 goals for Leeds. Hankin scored plenty so they might well have scored in the same game.

I've no idea without checking, but with Jones, Wallace and Fletcher all being at Sheffield Wednesday in the last few years could it have happened there ?

Good research project! Ball passed to Ray Simpson!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)