+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan Ashworth

Bath, you had to mention Bath didn't you. I'm going to have to go and lie down in a dark room for a couple of hours to try to get it out of my mind. On the drive home from that one, only to Gloucester so not that far, I had to pull over and I threw up. Hadn't been drinking either, just the disappointment of it all.
    When I was at school there was a lad there who never missed a day over all those days.I know he never missed a day because he liked to keep telling people so. At the end of the final year he still knew less than anyone else.

[QUOTE=WBA123;39024629]A

Its not money that cost us, it was decision making. We bought questionable players and a dodgy manager in.

Spot on 123.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    The fact he tells us every post just screams to me he's trying to justify his credentials. Bet he wasn't at Bath on the worst day in our clubs history. He probably doesn't even know what it was. Or the dark days of the late 80s early 90s.
    Bath.

That one word, Bath.

Even now it makes me shiver.

Me and a couple of mates sat in a field looking down over the stadium, there were probably about 50 others, we could see about half of the pitch. Even now that not knowing of what was happening in that half we couldn't see reminds me of the sheer worry we were all experiencing. It was like a free for all down in the streets, running battles everywhere, mounted police running up and down, I'll never forget it.

Absolutely horrible day, makes Woking seem like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Bath.

That one word, Bath.

Even now it makes me shiver.

Me and a couple of mates sat in a field looking down over the stadium, there were probably about 50 others, we could see about half of the pitch. Even now that not knowing of what was happening in that half we couldn't see reminds me of the sheer worry we were all experiencing. It was like a free for all down in the streets, running battles everywhere, mounted police running up and down, I'll never forget it.

Absolutely horrible day, makes Woking seem like nothing.
    We followed the team coach down behind it was Don Goodman driving a Metro. Honestly.
    Mate there were people flying horizontally through the railway arches

Memories mate. Good or bad still memories.

Went to Goodison to watch Woking in the following game. There was loads of Albion up there.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    You STILL going on about Pulis, Al???
    For Christ's sake, the bloke lost this Club thousands of long-standing fans - not like you new 'footy' fans who just love The Prem.

By the way, did you go to Accrington? You've only mentioned it a dozen times. That's why I don't believe you go to half the games - otherwise you'd bore us to tears boasting about them. (I used to go to all the Northern away games when I lived Up North).
    Don't believe me - ask some of the posters who regularly see me at the games! Did not realize Ipswich was up North so you need to touch up on your geography!

Quite enjoying the championship as whilst the footie is not great, the visiting grounds are a good day out. In wetherspoons or the catholic club tomorrow for the usual five or six before the game! Brunty looks better in CM after 6 pints

The "footie" might not be great, but it's more pleasurable than watching that sh*te that Pulis wanted us to play. We were the laughing stock of Staffordshire, esp after ridiculing Stoke all those years.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    The "footie" might not be great, but it's more pleasurable than watching that sh*te that Pulis wanted us to play. We were the laughing stock of Staffordshire, esp after ridiculing Stoke all those years.

Agree with you about the entertainment side of footie ! As long as we score more goals than the opponents and the beer flows well before each visiting ground, then I am happy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)