+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another failure at Sixfields.

Another failure at Sixfields.

I read somewhere that Zero Mostel, the actor, was called zero because he never got any marks for any exam at school. You wont remember him, because most of you are young. He came to mind because you still have zero wins, and scored zero on saturday.
    And its nearly October. If Notts zero County was a person, who sadly expired today, your opponents, including Cambridge would remember you fondly. My attempt at gaiety would be to bury you in a stripey shroud, and bury you in a y shaped coffin, as you must surely have been born with your legs wide open. In a footballing sense.

County playing even moderately competent football is like a dog walking on its hind legs. Its not done well, but is surprising that its done at all. I am sure Crewe will look forward to the game saturday, with the expectation of being flogged with a warm lettuce.
    Anyway, i am going to find myself a cold damp grave and sit in it. I bet when i get there, i will meet you lot. Cambridge are no better.
    I am feeling nauseous at your relegation. Surely the oldest club in the world cant be cast into the dungeon of non league hell. You will be a carcass, roasting on the fires at Solihull Boro, while Cambridge escape by a hairs breath, at your expense.......

As flash as a rat with a gold tooth. Roger in Amber and Black.

Good effort Roger, nice to see you are taking our constructive criticism on board, but I have to pull you up on two points. Firstly, we didn't regard a point and a clean sheet at Sixfields as failure. On the contrary, it was the highlight of our season so far and I'm still celebrating extending our unbeaten run to two games and moving up to a heady 91st. Secondly, a dog walking on their hind legs is always entertaining. Apart from leading the blind, sniffing out cocaine, racing from traps, and chasing cats it's about the only useful thing they do.

Personally Mr. Elite, I think the less oxygen you give to Psaw the better.
    We have more important issues to discuss on this site than to answer this poster from the sticks of East Anglia.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Personally Mr. Elite, I think the less oxygen you give to Psaw the better.
    We have more important issues to discuss on this site than to answer this poster from the sticks of East Anglia.
    I thought most had decided that they quite liked him on his previous offering. I just hope that one day we can be as good as Cambridge

I really thought that your standards were much higher than aspiring to achieve the very limited heights of Cambridge. Please Don't disappoint me Mr. Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good effort Roger, nice to see you are taking our constructive criticism on board, but I have to pull you up on two points. Firstly, we didn't regard a point and a clean sheet at Sixfields as failure. On the contrary, it was the highlight of our season so far and I'm still celebrating extending our unbeaten run to two games and moving up to a heady 91st. Secondly, a dog walking on their hind legs is always entertaining. Apart from leading the blind, sniffing out cocaine, racing from traps, and chasing cats it's about the only useful thing they do.
    It's the cat that does the chasing with my dog .Seeing 35kg of solid Labrador legging it can be quite embarrassing.

[QUOTE=Psaw;39023238]I read somewhere that Zero Mostel, the actor, was called zero because he never got any marks for any exam
    Anyway, i am going to find myself a cold damp grave and sit in it.

Zero was in A Funny Thing Happened to me on the way to the Forum
    And can I fill the grave in, while you are in it