+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Auks

Auks

See Chapman is on the bench tonight for Boro. You'd think they would want to give him a run and see what he can do?? I still think we will go back and go get him in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    See Chapman is on the bench tonight for Boro. You'd think they would want to give him a run and see what he can do?? I still think we will go back and go get him in Jan.
    Baffling situation. Exactly the kind of match where you'd expect the manager to give him a go. As it was, he got 18 minutes. In a sense, it's in our favour that Pulis is lukewarm about Chapman, and that Boro are doing well without him in the team. All the more likely that we will be favourably received in January.

I'm a little concerned that he ain't that good.. Maybe..?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm a little concerned that he ain't that good.. Maybe..?
    Fair point, but we can only judge him from his first spell with us. Used as a half-hour impact-player, he offers something we haven't got already - the ability to beat a man at pace out wide. He wouldn't regularly get a starting place with Bennett in the team, but Bennett could probably play in goal, anyway, to accommodate him!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Fair point, but we can only judge him from his first spell with us. Used as a half-hour impact-player, he offers something we haven't got already - the ability to beat a man at pace out wide. He wouldn't regularly get a starting place with Bennett in the team, but Bennett could probably play in goal, anyway, to accommodate him!

I was just thinking more about the fact we are playing Armstrong in his least effective position. Out wide left is not where he will ever flourish. Its why he didn't perform at Bolton. We clearly want him in the side, he gives us pace. But I feel at this stage, Chapman being an out and out winger, would be better suited.

Sax I don't actually think his ability is at all being questioned. If anything, that's what Pulis feared. Yes our own fans said we would struggle and most other people in football. But I bet Pulis could see we would be more than handy, and would probably be a rival to his Boro side not an also ran in this division. And probably didn't want to strengthen us by giving us a young talent like that. With Chappers in the side, we may be sat in the top 2 by now. Pulis isn't stupid, plus he knows Tony well.
    I think its more a question of his injuries, than his unbouted talent.
    In short, if he was crap, he would have been packed off and sent to us with a pat on his back.
    He was retained for a reason. If we had let Travis go out on loan to say Bolton, and he strengthened them I would not have been happy!! we aren't here to make other sides better, our rivals. Boro and us are rivals.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)