+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stoke

Stoke

I'm sure it's been posted on here somewhere. Can't see it though..
    Vs Stoke is a 530pm kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I'm sure it's been posted on here somewhere. Can't see it though..
    Vs Stoke is a 530pm kickoff
    This is correct. It's on telly. Should be fun and games in town in the afternoon!

Yep, Saturday evening match on Sky.

The only problem with these matches with Sky coverage is that they are not available on ifollow You can still listen to them but the pictures will have to be streamed using a legal stream

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yep, Saturday evening match on Sky.

The only problem with these matches with Sky coverage is that they are not available on ifollow You can still listen to them but the pictures will have to be streamed using a legal stream
    Just to be clear, Frog, when you say "you can still listen to them..." are you saying you can listen to them on I-follow but you just can't watch them on that service?

Must admit from past experiences from the 90s, the Stoke fans were rough.

Not really bothered what time we kick off but it’s a must 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Just to be clear, Frog, when you say "you can still listen to them..." are you saying you can listen to them on I-follow but you just can't watch them on that service?
    Normally that is the agreement. You have the same service as they have on Saturday matches in the UK.
    Sound but no pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Must admit from past experiences from the 90s, the Stoke fans were rough.
    Unless they’ve changed for the good your quote is an understatement.
    A 5.30pm kick off is a recipe for trouble.
    Both sets of fans boozing from mid morning and back in the pub at 7.30pm.
    Methinks SYP horses and dogs will be busy on Saturday.

Always thought they were more problematic on their own patch than when they visited Oakwell .

Nasty bleedahs , especially at their old ground , their neighbours Port Vale aren't much better either .

First time I went there was around '92/93 between Christmas and new year I think it was. It was their old ground. They were averaging around 12000 in what is now League 1. 23000 turned up for this and the atmosphere was hostile. I was fairly young at the time, 12 or 13. Their fans weren't very friendly outside the ground either and remember seeing a big group of them chasing a similar sized group of Rotherham lads down a side street.
    Once back on the coach a copper got on and warned everyone not to wind their fans up as they may brick the bus! Also told us to be wary when going under nearby bridges as their fans had bricked buses from them in previous weeks!
    Think they did the Millmoor hotel over when they came here too.
    One of the most respected firms in the hooligan world in this country at least.
    So be vigilant.