+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heros One And All

Heros One And All

That was seriously impressive,better than a jammy one-nil, that team looked like the real deal for long periods.

All credit the fans too, including the applause for Lee Grant. Classy.

MOM? Who gives a sh*t

I went last night and saw one of the best performances from a Rams side in a long time.

Just looked at stats too. More possession more shots and equal corners.

In two games Work on has shown why we were so keen to get him.

Everyone one was brilliant in the night but if single out Bryson... on his game he is awesome.

Should read Wilson not work on!

guessed so.

I'm loving Bryson's resurgence, always wanted him to be part of a truly successful Ram team since 'The Forest Game'

Without being too analytical about last night, the perf. was IMO even better than during McLaren Pt1, I always thought that team was blagging it to some extent, last night's looked like it 'got it' regarding how to play a game of quality footy

It was the best performance I've seen by a Derby team in many a year: the mac1 team was majestic at times but never seemed quite in control consistently. Last night there was a control and self belief that I had not seen before, even allowing for odd panic moments.

However, not wishing to rain on the parade: is that really our team? The three star youngsters (Tomori Wilson Mount) are all on loan and I cant see us being able to buy them if we reach the promised land, and our own youngsters coming through are good at championship level, but untested (Bogle, Bennett, Marriott) and that may be the extent of it. A decent keeper and four "gnarled veterans" who might struggle for consistency at a higher level but were up for it yesterday.

lets manage our expectations here and not fall into the florist trap of being world beaters overnight....

Scott Carson tweeted after Saturday and said that the 1st half against Brentford was the best he'd seen in a Derby shirt.

He tweeted this morning and said last night topped.

On a side note met Lee Grant at The Lowry before the game, still has a soft spot for Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It was the best performance I've seen by a Derby team in many a year: the mac1 team was majestic at times but never seemed quite in control consistently. Last night there was a control and self belief that I had not seen before, even allowing for odd panic moments.

However, not wishing to rain on the parade: is that really our team? The three star youngsters (Tomori Wilson Mount) are all on loan and I cant see us being able to buy them if we reach the promised land, and our own youngsters coming through are good at championship level, but untested (Bogle, Bennett, Marriott) and that may be the extent of it. A decent keeper and four "gnarled veterans" who might struggle for consistency at a higher level but were up for it yesterday.

lets manage our expectations here and not fall into the florist trap of being world beaters overnight....
    Agree with that but its nice to live in the here and now sometimes. I watched last night with devout fans of Man U, Man City, Real Madrid (and, ahem, Rangers), and one and all said we were a pleasure to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

’The best performance I’ve seen from a Derby team in many a year’....and I missed it all. Not even seen a goal...aargh!

You’re right Parky...we must manage our expectations, starting right now so that Bolton, which is far more important, doesn’t become an ‘after the Lord Mayor’s Show’...but does the fact that we probably won’t have Tomori, Wilson and Mount next season really matter if they get us up?
    The job is getting us up...then we’ll hopefully be able to afford to replace the returning protégés. As was shown last summer, there’s no shortage of ambition at Pride Park.

I thought the likes of Forsyth, Johnson and Bryson had probably seen their best days at Derby but all of a sudden the 3 of them seem to have found a new zest of life from somewhere and that can only be put down to superior man management.

Speaking of which when do we play Stoke as they seem intent on giving sides a 3 nil head start?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I thought the likes of Forsyth, Johnson and Bryson had
    probably seen their best days at Derby but all of a sudden the 3 of them seem to have found a new zest of life from somewhere and that can only be put down to superior man management.

Speaking of which when do we play Stoke as they seem intent on giving sides a 3 nil head start?
    November 27th away. The snake will be gone by then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)