+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nottingham forest(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I said fair result.. Against a decent forest side, that's doing well isn't it? The point remains though, we need more wins. We aren't going up the table at the moment, are we?
    We are 2 points from the play offs.

Please detail exactly what your expectations where of this season? I'm dying to know.
    I'm expecting the answer to be that you 100% expected us to be in the play offs (all season long) or higher? That's some statement.
    Looking back at your comments howverer, pre season. You, Aucks, Robin all said we would struggle and finish around 14th. At the very best.

So help me out Sax. I'm really confused. 2 points off the play offs. And that's a concern?
    But you always thought we would struggle and finish 14th?
    Help me out please.
    I'm not arguing. I'm not being positive. Nor am I being unfair.
    I simply don't understand your logic? Based on your predictions?

You completely wrote us off, like everyone on here did. Like everyone in the press did.

We lose one game all season. And that's still it good enough? You say we need to win. We won last week?

I'm just perplexed. Again

I'd sooner we play shyte and get a few full 3 pointers, ala Sam.

Ah get you. Well that's the end of that discussion about football.

Enjoy your evening pal

I said fair result.. Against a decent forest side, that's doing well isn't it? The point remains though, we need more wins. We aren't going up the table at the moment, are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    We are 2 points from the play offs.

Please detail exactly what your expectations where of this season? I'm dying to know.
    I'm expecting the answer to be that you 100% expected us to be in the play offs (all season long) or higher? That's some statement.
    Looking back at your comments howverer, pre season. You, Aucks, Robin all said we would struggle and finish around 14th. At the very best.

So help me out Sax. I'm really confused. 2 points off the play offs. And that's a concern?
    But you always thought we would struggle and finish 14th?
    Help me out please.
    I'm not arguing. I'm not being positive. Nor am I being unfair.
    I simply don't understand your logic? Based on your predictions?

You completely wrote us off, like everyone on here did. Like everyone in the press did.

We lose one game all season. And that's still it good enough? You say we need to win. We won last week?

I'm just perplexed. Again
    We both agreed that we'd possibly challenge for the play offs, but ultimately will miss out. At the moment, we are playing well, but the points tally isn't reflecting our play.

Champs, I am also a little confused.
    ‘Two perplexing comments from 2 who didn't go, but hey no. No change on that score.’
    Firstly you say I didn’t go? Not sure how you determine that but as you say: hey ho.
    Fact is, I didn’t, as I was out of country, as I am these days very much regularly out of country so attendance at Ewood is a little difficult but hey ho!
    Secondly: it’s a prediction league so as I see we are scoring regularly , but also conceding again fairly regularly ( and today as you yourself put it against a decent opponent I deduced abposssible 2-2 draw. Not through any genius deduction, but guesswork, as everyone’s is.
    Darraghs had some IMO dodgy moments, hence my comment. It’s not ‘having a go, or negativity’, simply voicing an opinion. we all have them as it’s a forum. Please note my comment was this morn prior to game, not after the event ie upon Darraghs performance today, where he may well have had a faultless game. I sincerely hope he did cos I’ve been ‘backing this lad’ for much of his career now an my ‘reputation is in the line’ 😉
    Having not seen anything whatsoever of the match I will have to take your word it : ‘we wuz robbed’, but hey ho that’s life. You don’t always get what you richly deserve.
    Please take this in the lighthearted manner intended 😉
    Last edited by Despair; 29-09-2018 at 09:29 PM.

I would be able to tell if you'd been to the actual match.

Please please please go and watch the disgraceful decision to award a pen to Bournemouth on Tues. Then please find someone who actually thinks it was a penalty. That's not the lads fault. It's not s concern. It was just a disgraceful decision.
    The one today was also very questionable.
    Once you have watched the pen. Then pop back and tell me your thoughts. And be honest.

We where without Mulgrew today. We where on Tues. We where last Sat.
    He is our leader. Our club captain. And his partner. We miss him.
    Any side would miss their leader.

Lenihan was excellent today. The pen was very unfortunate. The one mid week wasn't a pen in a billion years. Last week at Stoke he made a mistake. I watched Liverpool's £75m centre half make one tonight.

But hey ho ....

We both agreed that we'd possibly challenge for the play offs, but ultimately will miss out. At the moment, we are playing well, but the points tally isn't reflecting our play.
    Show me where you agreed with me? As I recall being the only one.
    It always is just me.
    It was last season. It will be all this season.

But we are 2 points from the play offs? And have only lost once all season?

I'm slightly perplexed as to how we are not doing what you expected? If you thought we'd be around the play offs? We are 2 points away. That's one win Sax.
    In anyone's book, negative, positive or whoever ......We are in and around the play offs.

So unless you expected automatic promotion, what on earth did you expect?

That’s fine Champs I appreciate your opinion . And yes I have not seen any of the Bourne match either. I just have to go off the reporting and from that (despite being a good or bad decisionbeing made by the ref.) It comes across to me that Darragh is getting caught in ‘uncharacteristic situations’.
    Bad luck?
    Charlie out again, well that’s life I’m afraid, the show goes on.
    We are doing well IMO so you are reading my comments as criticism , which it is not.
    I am trying to be actively engaged in forum chat whilst not being in a position to even see many highlights .

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    But we are 2 points from the play offs? And have only lost once all season?

I'm slightly perplexed as to how we are not doing what you expected? If you thought we'd be around the play offs? We are 2 points away. That's one win Sax.
    In anyone's book, negative, positive or whoever ......We are in and around the play offs.

So unless you expected automatic promotion, what on earth did you expect?
    At some point we'll go on a poor run.. Its inevitable.. That being the case, we need to maximize our points now, or that poor run could see us dragged right down.. I think TM is very aware of this, hence his recent critisisng of the refs.. As you'd admit yourself, its unlike him to do that.

At some point we'll go on a poor run.. Its inevitable.. That being the case, we need to maximize our points now, or that poor run could see us dragged right down.. I think TM is very aware of this, hence his recent critisisng of the refs.. As you'd admit yourself, its unlike him to do that.
    But the ref gave Forest an undeserved equaliser. It was not a pen. Neither was the first one. The ref handed them 2 pens today. For nothing.
    The pen at Bournemouth was simply a disgrace. Anyone will tell you that.
    We had a perfectly good goal ruled out vrs Villa. Which cost us a win.
    And a pathetic ref decision today that cost us a win.

Had it not been for those 2 disgraceful decisions we would be sat 2nd. And you'd be happy.
    That's absolutely nothing to do with performance.
    That's 3 or 4 shocking ref decisions that cost us in 2 league games, and a cup game.

And although your trying to ignore the fact, we WON last week away at Stoke.

Villa.....huge spending. I was told we'd struggle. We where robbed of a win vrs a good side. Who spent millions.

Derby. Another side who spent millions. We went for a point, and came away with one. I was told we would struggle. We got a result.

Stoke. 3 away goals, 3 points. Another side who have spent millions more than us. While we played in Div1 they played in the Prem. A win.

Forest. Another side who have out spent us by millions upon millions. Awarded 2 highly controversial pens. That cost us 3 points.

I'm happy for you that you have the foresight to only see a bad patch.
    One defeat all season, without our key players. I will predict that we go on a good run aswell.

But what the fk do I know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)