+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nottingham forest(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    At some point we'll go on a poor run.. Its inevitable.. That being the case, we need to maximize our points now, or that poor run could see us dragged right down.. I think TM is very aware of this, hence his recent critisisng of the refs.. As you'd admit yourself, its unlike him to do that.
    And no. I just think TM is an honest guy. In an industry where you get lying toads like Sam Allardyce.
    He saw his side lose out on a win (again) by a poor ref. Who today handed the OPPO an equaliser. So he is giving an honest assessment. He saw what I did. Their player fell over, no contact was made. The ref was unsighted as he had 5 players in between him and their player who dropped. And could not award it quick enough. Not happy that the first pen he gave them was woefully missed, he needed to make sure a big club who spent millions got their point. Like when Villa came.

Anyone who knows anything about football would be able to see what wexate building, what a decent side we are. Every bit as good as the likes of Villa.

But hey ho .....

Both pens were extremely soft
    Unfortunately rodwell did make contact but it was slight and the player went down like he had been shot with a 12 bore and as you put his view was non existent.
    I am starting to feel we are getting some very rough decisions recently and Tony mowbrays comments will work one of 2 ways,we get a few in OUR favour or it will get worse.
    Whatever happened to impartial refs as at the moment we have had some very poor ones
    I thought the refs last year was bad so far the standard has not improved.
    We all make mistakes however at the moment in good old it will even out we are owed rather a lot.

Oh yes well done despair a nice 5 points in the predictions league.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Both pens were extremely soft
    Unfortunately rodwell did make contact but it was slight and the player went down like he had been shot with a 12 bore and as you put his view was non existent.
    I am starting to feel we are getting some very rough decisions recently and Tony mowbrays comments will work one of 2 ways,we get a few in OUR favour or it will get worse.
    Whatever happened to impartial refs as at the moment we have had some very poor ones
    I thought the refs last year was bad so far the standard has not improved.
    We all make mistakes however at the moment in good old it will even out we are owed rather a lot.

Well according to Saxo. The poor decisions from refs are because Tony Mowbray isn't Sam Allardyce.

FAO Champs;
    Well now got to see the two pens referred to:
    The Forest one very soft an for me questionable as without benefit of slo Mo any touch is extremely questionable an the slight delay on goin down suggests no contact was made. BUT , many refs are very easily ‘conned’ these enlightened days .
    As for the one at Bournemouth again soft, in terms of: was there impedement ? Not really, but there was manual contact but the guys in the box bearing down on goal so again as above. refs these days ???
    I still hold the view that any contact at all in area , an no one can be too surprised when any ref points to spot.
    This makes it bad luck/unfortunate for the alleged perpetrator.
    These are my own personal none ‘professional’ views.
    Last edited by Despair; 01-10-2018 at 07:17 AM.

At the end of the day, we are allowing players into our box and giving the referee decisions to make.

How do you not allow a player in the box??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    FAO Champs;
    Well now got to see the two pens referred to:
    The Forest one very soft an for me questionable as without benefit of slo Mo any touch is extremely questionable an the slight delay on goin down suggests no contact was made. BUT , many refs are very easily ‘conned’ these enlightened days .
    As for the one at Bournemouth again soft, in terms of: was there impedement ? Not really, but there was manual contact but the guys in the box bearing down on goal so again as above. refs these days ???
    I still hold the view that any contact at all in area , an no one can be too surprised when any ref points to spot.
    This makes it bad luck/unfortunate for the alleged perpetrator.
    These are my own personal none ‘professional’ views.

That's the thing. We are 2-1 up, all over them. Dack has the ball in their area, their man pulls him down to the ground and the ref gives no pen? 6 mins later, they get given their second pen of the afternoon making sure they get an equaliser.
    Its football, it happens. But the decisions right now, are not going our way.
    That's not Mowbrays fault, or the players.
    The only pen I have seen that was stupid was away at Stoke when Lenihan pushed over their player with two hands. A clear, preventable pen.
    Its not currently 'evening' out as the phrase goes. And TM has made reference to this.

There will come a point this season, we will the decisions go our way. That's football.

But even with all the decisions going against us, we still only have lost one game all season.
    Had we had a little bit of luck, we'd be in the top 3 by now.
    Which would not be accurate, as we are not amoungst the top 3 best sides in the division.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)