+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clever management

Clever management

....last night making Conway captain. He played well last night, and scored.
    Like making Bennett captain vrs Stoke and he turned in a captains performance.

We played well last night, and the result is irrelevant. A last min away goal vrs a Prem side is nothing to focus on. Strange really, as that's all I've read/ The foresight to look past a result away in the Cup with a hugely weakened side, and look to see which positives we can take? I've not read one yet, so in the interest of balance the positives from last night are as follows ........
    Rodwell, by all accounts played well.
    Brereton looked lively, decent touches.
    Armstrong scored , which is good for his confidence.
    Conway was made captain and was excellent, and scored. He lead the side well last night, and got us back into the game when we where dead and buried at 2-0 down.
    Being 2-0 away from home vrs a Prem side, and showing the desire to keep playing and keep wanting to get back in the game.
    Causing a Prem side so many problems away from home.
    The fact some of our fringe players competed vrs seasoned Pro's in the Bournemouth side who play Prem football every week.

I think we are doing Tony and lads a disservice by not mentioning the fight back, the goals, the reaction to being 2 down, the side we played compared to theirs, the performance of Conway as captain, Rodwell.

Or you could simply brush over all of that and and simply focus on the only the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    ....last night making Conway captain. He played well last night, and scored.
    Like making Bennett captain vrs Stoke and he turned in a captains performance.

We played well last night, and the result is irrelevant. A last min away goal vrs a Prem side is nothing to focus on. Strange really, as that's all I've read/ The foresight to look past a result away in the Cup with a hugely weakened side, and look to see which positives we can take? I've not read one yet, so in the interest of balance the positives from last night are as follows ........
    Rodwell, by all accounts played well.
    Brereton looked lively, decent touches.
    Armstrong scored , which is good for his confidence.
    Conway was made captain and was excellent, and scored. He lead the side well last night, and got us back into the game when we where dead and buried at 2-0 down.
    Being 2-0 away from home vrs a Prem side, and showing the desire to keep playing and keep wanting to get back in the game.
    Causing a Prem side so many problems away from home.
    The fact some of our fringe players competed vrs seasoned Pro's in the Bournemouth side who play Prem football every week.

I think we are doing Tony and lads a disservice by not mentioning the fight back, the goals, the reaction to being 2 down, the side we played compared to theirs, the performance of Conway as captain, Rodwell.

Or you could simply brush over all of that and and simply focus on the only the negatives.
    I've not commented at all.. Agree with your thoughts.

This is no way picking holes in your post champs however isn't Conway our reserve captain and he captained the side against derby
    He did play well last night but I am not sure being captain made the difference and as for the negativity it's purely on the basis of the late goals which have cost us and continue to cost us points/results
    Ipswich 93rd minute
    Aston villa 93rd minute
    Stoke got lucky with missed penalty but also 93rd minute and last night same again.
    Fine margins between success and failure but if we have designs on going up over the next few seasons things like this must stop.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    This is no way picking holes in your post champs however isn't Conway our reserve captain and he captained the side against derby
    He did play well last night but I am not sure being captain made the difference and as for the negativity it's purely on the basis of the late goals which have cost us and continue to cost us points/results
    Ipswich 93rd minute
    Aston villa 93rd minute
    Stoke got lucky with missed penalty but also 93rd minute and last night same again.
    Fine margins between success and failure but if we have designs on going up over the next few seasons things like this must stop.

If we'd have not conceeded in the last minute vrs Ipswich and Villa we would be top of this league. Probably where we deserve to be.
    But I get called too excitable for talking up my team and defending them.
    I get what your saying, and I do think you can always improve. And you should always look to do so. But in short, what your saying is we should be top of this league.
    Say that back to yourself? Top? Really? Are we seriously expecting perfection from such a young, half of which have not played in the Champ much (or at all)

What we really to be doing is worrying about playing the likes of Derby and Stoke away as by all accounts, I am reliably informed we will struggle to get anything against those sorts of sides.

Then when we do, its because we got lucky.
    If Stoke has bothered to turn up for 80 mins of that match then maybe they would have gotten something. They didn't, they left it too late. That's their problem Robin, not ours.

A young side, is very much like a young player. Inconsistent, and learning all the way. I do think people forget we have a young side, who are still learning their trade. I personally think the positives far outweigh the negatives.
    I haven't read any positives comments about last night, but have heard plenty of negatives.
    I think its only fair to point out it was NOT a night for ONLY negatives. I'd actually say last night had far more positives than negatives, even taking the result into consideration.

Champs you are becoming as deluded as your buddy Saxo..

Ok Alf, I'll be negative about everything to appease you then

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Ok Alf, I'll be negative about everything to appease you then
    Good lad..

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)