+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The oldest pro club.

The oldest pro club.

You must be surprised im here again, but i must take another oppurtunity to put you down. County are the oldest pro football club in the world, and you are rightly proud of that.
    Unfortunately, that pales somewhat when you think of the city of Cambridge, not Cambridge United, that has played a critical role in world football.

The formation of Notts County is just an offshoot. Can you guess what that role might be? The answer is no, of course, as the average county fan is only interested in Pies, beer, and men. Some of you must like women, maybe. I will be back to educate you, which will be awesome, just think, County fans learning.....wow.

Something to do with the rules of the game I’d imagine, but you can learn more in Oxford.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    You must be surprised im here again, but i must take another oppurtunity to put you down. County are the oldest pro football club in the world, and you are rightly proud of that.
    Unfortunately, that pales somewhat when you think of the city of Cambridge, not Cambridge United, that has played a critical role in world football.

The formation of Notts County is just an offshoot. Can you guess what that role might be? The answer is no, of course, as the average county fan is only interested in Pies, beer, and men. Some of you must like women, maybe. I will be back to educate you, which will be awesome, just think, County fans learning.....wow.
    Think you need to take the 'oppurtunity' to do a wee bit of re-education my friend....

I fail to understand, how does a set of rules from university players who played at Parkers Piece in Cambridge put us down?

FFS!!!! ..........the lunatic has taken over the asylum.......!

Cambridge came up with 'the rules'. Of course, nowadays the game is bound by 'laws' not rules, Mr Psaw. Here's one for you. What's the difference between a rule and a law?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Cambridge came up with 'the rules'. Of course, nowadays the game is bound by 'laws' not rules, Mr Psaw. Here's one for you. What's the difference between a rule and a law?
    Steady on Sid, we need to break him in gently, it's a bit too early in the morning for him to start scratching his head over what is and isn't statute.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    What's the difference between a rule and a law?
    Is it that you can't measure the length of your pen!s with a law?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Is it that you can't measure the length of your pen!s with a law?
    I wouldn't be surprised if our friend from the banks of the river Cam struggles to measure his with a rule!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast