+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Parsley Sauce and Chip Shops

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There was a chippy there that was good at one time, Listerdale Chippy I think it's called, don't know what it's like now.
    That's the one I mentioned in an earlier post, GF. I went there many times when it first opened nearly 60 years ago (I lived fairly close by) and it was really good. A more recent visit suggested it was a bit average these days. Still, a cheaper alternative to dinner at The Brecks Hotel and within easy walking distance - so an option for Monty...

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Funnily enough, that's where I stay, too, and that's pretty much what I do at least once when I'm there.

I'm booked in for the night of November 3, as it happens, after the Swansea game and will probably be eating there post match with Croglin - late of this message board - and Mrs Croglin!
    I have stayed in rooms 45 and 46 so they may charge you extra if you ask for those. I used to stay at my sister's on Moorgate. She's now living up by the Stag. I can stay there but feel I'm imposing so tend to book into the PI - which also allows me to do my own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That's the one I mentioned in an earlier post, GF. I went there many times when it first opened nearly 60 years ago (I lived fairly close by) and it was really good. A more recent visit suggested it was a bit average these days. Still, a cheaper alternative to dinner at The Brecks Hotel and within easy walking distance - so an option for Monty...
    That Greek restaurant there gets good reviews as well, same bloke also owns the pizza place that's there too.

Harry moxon used to run the chippy on topfield lane.

Davians in Clifton takes some beating for fish n chips.

Good call Big Lad. Last time I was over I had a couple of pints in The Park then had fish, chips and mushy peas open and ate them whilst walking through the path up to The Homestead for a couple more. Can't wait to do it again :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Highhazelmiller View Post
    Harry moxon used to run the chippy on topfield lane.
    Thanks for the info. I will have to investigate all this further.

Monty. I think High Hazel is correct. Harry Moxon and Mrs Moxon owned the Butchers on Ridgeway and then afterwards the chippy on Topfield Lane. Wonderful memories.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Monty. I think High Hazel is correct. Harry Moxon and Mrs Moxon owned the Butchers on Ridgeway and then afterwards the chippy on Topfield Lane. Wonderful memories.
    Don't doubt it, sota. I'm just trying to identify the chippie we used in the late '50s which my parents always called Melia's. It was in Dalton - hopefully my older sister might remember the street.

sota, if you were from Eastwood a couple of things. First did you ever encounter the Gaziorskis - I think they lived on Fitzwilliam Road and one of the brothers was a very good road cyclist. Second, can you help me locate the tropical fish shop I used to work in: it was in an old, small Victorian terrace somewhere round there but I can't remember the street name or locate it now. Very frustrating.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast