+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Parsley Sauce and Chip Shops

In my opinion whitby’s at catcliffe Is the best of a not as good as they used to be bunch

Found Marina at Rawmarsh fish n chips were rubbish, best to us is Ring o Bells fish shop next to
    Ring o Bells pub at Kimberworth.
    1 fish alone does 2 people, made mistake first time getting 2 fish n chips, lads dog had a field day.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    sota, is the Topfield Lane chippy the same one I called Melia's at Dalton? Interesting you mention Ravenfield: I was there the night the old Ravenfield Hall burnt down - nothing to do with starting it though!
    Monty it is/was on Topfield Lane, which runs between Creswick Rd and Brecks Lane. East Herringthorpe is much bigger than some people realise, but when you've delivered newspapers and Green 'Uns to most of the houses on there it brings it home ;-)

I go to the XL quite often and I,m very happy with the offerings.However, I am happy to say it is rubbish so the queues are,nt as long when I call.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    In my opinion whitby’s at catcliffe Is the best of a not as good as they used to be bunch
    I went to Whitby's on both my last two visits to Rotherham for a sit down meal and thought the food was very decent. I shall go again.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I went to Whitby's on both my last two visits to Rotherham for a sit down meal and thought the food was very decent. I shall go again.
    Well, I'm a lazy b*stard and always eat in the Premier Inn at the Brecks. Always pretty good and a short stagger up the stairs with the prospect of awakening to a full English is my idea of a good time.

Well, I'm a lazy b*stard and always eat in the Premier Inn at the Brecks. Always pretty good and a short stagger up the stairs with the prospect of awakening to a full English is my idea of a good time.
    There was a chippy there that was good at one time, Listerdale Chippy I think it's called, don't know what it's like now.

Pop in bar-b-cue at top of High Street in town was great for chicken supreme and chips.

Funnily enough, that's where I stay, too, and that's pretty much what I do at least once when I'm there.

I'm booked in for the night of November 3, as it happens, after the Swansea game and will probably be eating there post match with Croglin - late of this message board - and Mrs Croglin!

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    Pop in bar-b-cue at top of High Street in town was great for chicken supreme and chips.
    Totally agree Stoney.

Never had chicken supreme since that could match pop ins. That said it was an absolute filthy hole at the end. That said the supreme was still awesome lol...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast