+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much longer have we got the Chairman's backing?

How much longer have we got the Chairman's backing?

Just a thought but, consider say another two years and Tony Stewart has talks with his Son Richard and says I've had enough.

Those that are close enough to Richard, and I know some people who are, is Richard committed enough to carry the club forward or will he want to walk away?

Owning a football club is just a sure way to drain away your bank balance/inheritance if
    A. It's not run correctly
    B. There aren't sufficient backers/sponsors to support you.
    C. The fan base isn't large enough to support the club on a day to day basis....I could go on.

So back to my main point, how long do you think the Stewart family are willing to own/run our club?

92 views and no replies?

What’s up is this a scaredy cat post where no one wants to face reality?

Just don't have an answer for you.

brin, my old EH mucker, I am these days very much a que sera sera man. With all that has happened and might happen the Stewarts walking away is very low down my list. With the stadium, sound financial position and (hopefully) Championship status RUFC would attract interest I'm sure. Relax.

The point is that all we can do is guess. Lets stick to what we know.

I'm reasonably optimistic about how this will play out. Tony's judgement when it comes to choosing managers, or deciding what to say about aspirations for Premiership football, may be questionable but, when it comes to sound financial planning, he seems to be pretty capable. I would be very surprised if he doesn't have a well thought out exit strategy that will avoid us (and his family) being left high and dry when the time comes. When that is going to happen is anybody's guess but I would be surprised if it hasn't been carefully planned for.

or how long untill rotherham gets to big for the Stewart family.

we survive 2 seasons in the championship expectations are going to get more and more

can the Stewart family back us?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    92 views and no replies?

What’s up is this a scaredy cat post where no one wants to face reality?
    Thi floats under Brin, stop fishin.

Archie, not fishing at all pal, I'm being realistically serious. It can't last forever tha knows.

Not long enough to get him to the Prem I'm afraid.Ive moaned about some of the things he's said but I will sure miss him when he goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast