+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much longer have we got the Chairman's backing?

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    or how long untill rotherham gets to big for the Stewart family.

we survive 2 seasons in the championship expectations are going to get more and more

can the Stewart family back us?
    In a funny sort of way I agree with this.

Everything will be OK la la la la la.....

It’s a good question Brin, it could change things for the worse if RS has a different perspective and isn’t as battle hardy as Tony.

If we were to be sold, we would all be holding our breath

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    In a funny sort of way I agree with this.
    more expectation higher wages higher fees.

How much do you think Tony Stewart could reasonably expect to receive for the club ?

What valuation would you guys place on the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    How much do you think Tony Stewart could reasonably expect to receive for the club ?

would thought most of the money is in the ground and land if it comes with the club

If our own Fans keep slagging chairman and club off he may just throw in the towell

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    So back to my main point, how long do you think the Stewart family are willing to own/run our club?
    Until the end of our first season in The Premiership under Warney at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Until the end of our first season in The Premiership under Warney at the very least.
    Stronger medication obviously required young man!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

For the sake of this discussion, lets assume its both RUFC and RU ESTATES Ltd for sale, I.e. the package as one. Theres two ways of looking at it:

One is the site, "well its Rotherham" and although the land (and theres a lot) is prime for development given the whole town centre plans etc, and the idea is that the town centre becomes a livable hub for "well to doos" who commute to Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham, etc (the tram extension, the leisure rather than retail plans etc). This happened in places like Salford by way of example. But still its Rotherham, and it is stigmatised. It will take someone able to see long term to make this worth a punt. If ever its realised then the site (which just happens to bring a club with it) is worth an absolute fortune. Hotel/riverside apartments/ walking distance to tram, train, bus stations. M1/M18 just minutes away.

Second, the club. Hmmm, well its Rotherham United. Which mega rich person would want to touch it!! But then, we're one single promotion away from boom time. Just let that sink in, we play in the fifth best league in the world and are one crazy season away from the stupidly rich PL. What price that punt, what price that option? Who knows.

Finally, I suppose, its the two things together. The potential rewards from both (key word being potential) is literally into the hundreds of millions. In that case the club/site is worth probably tens of millions. But its a risk, the town centre plans could collapse, the club could drop down the divisions and then it all becomes a liability.

By the way, as an aside, I was gobsmacked at the recent article in the Hull Telgraph which outlined the wealth of FL owners. The Stewarts are worth circa £180 million. I didnt think it was anywhere near that. So perhaps the above plans are what the current owners are hanging on for?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast