+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Google reveals:

Tynecastle-Murrayfield by public transport (didna check Sundays, but you'll get the gist): 17-21 minutes.

Celtic Park to Hampden by public transport (Sunday not checked especially) 35-48 minutes.

So who, under 'normal circumstances' gets the 'home game'?

Suck on it you whining paranoid entitled racist shagbags.
    Hearts only played about 5 games there and half that team will no doubt be away. Compare that to Celtic playing at Hampden 8 times over the last three years*

May have made those figures up as I can't be bothered looking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hearts only played about 5 games there and half that team will no doubt be away. Compare that to Celtic playing at Hampden 8 times over the last three years*

May have made those figures up as I can't be bothered looking it up.
    No problem with that, but if I may, I'll double the number of Hampden appearances you quote whilst halving the time period, suffixing it all with "FACT", if I happen to be unfortunate enough to be within smelling distance of a tim attempting the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Google reveals:

Tynecastle-Murrayfield by public transport (didna check Sundays, but you'll get the gist): 17-21 minutes.

Celtic Park to Hampden by public transport (Sunday not checked especially) 35-48 minutes.

So who, under 'normal circumstances' gets the 'home game'?

Suck on it you whining paranoid entitled racist shagbags.
    Murrayfield is 400 yards or so from Tynecastle.
    You could walk it in less than your public transport estimate.

Moot point though, the ground is neutral, so the VicTims should pipe down

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I thought that was obvious? They didn't want all four sets of fans being in Glasgow at the same time. I doubt the polis get to pick the venues.
    Why would there have been four sets of fans in Glasgow at the same time if Hearts played Celtic at 12:00 and we played the Huns at 19:45?

Would 20,000 Aberdeen fans turn up in Glasgow 6 hours before a Sunday evening game?

I suspect the real reason was the police wanting to minimise the number of Aberdeen fans at the game for their own convenience.

The police don't get to pick the venues, but they can refuse to police any event they don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Why would there have been four sets of fans in Glasgow at the same time if Hearts played Celtic at 12:00 and we played the Huns at 19:45?

Would 20,000 Aberdeen fans turn up in Glasgow 6 hours before a Sunday evening game?

I suspect the real reason was the police wanting to minimise the number of Aberdeen fans at the game for their own convenience.

The police don't get to pick the venues, but they can refuse to police any event they don't want to.
    Yeah they bump us down to a time before trains get in to the city. Puts enough dandies off travelling thus making their job a bit easier. It's not the first time they have done it. They can all get to f*ck.

Anyone else picked up that the change in kick off time makes it almost impossible to get back to Aberdeen after the game?

If it goes to extra time and penalties, the only train that appears to be an option gets in at 12.45am - great for those who have work or school the next morning!

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    Anyone else picked up that the change in kick off time makes it almost impossible to get back to Aberdeen after the game?

If it goes to extra time and penalties, the only train that appears to be an option gets in at 12.45am - great for those who have work or school the next morning!
    There is a 20:00 from Queen Street which you can change at Haymarket arr Aberdeen 23:39.

And arriving 00:44 is not such a huge deal, arrived home that late after many a midweek game.

Or just do the sensible thing like we are doing, travel down Saturday and back on Monday. Make a weekend of it.

I see we get the sh*te seats. All of the East stand and a little bit of the South. Anyone know what this is in actual ticket allocation %?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/aberdeen-v-r...ticket-details

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I see we get the sh*te seats. All of the East stand and a little bit of the South. Anyone know what this is in actual ticket allocation %?

https://spfl.co.uk/news/aberdeen-v-r...ticket-details
    Usual carve up of ends then

We get the Catholic end do we, who would have believed it?

Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast