+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    At least a tad more objective though, regardless whatever time/venue I’ll be with like minded cheering us on.

SF
    It only covers the fact the league cup semi has a history of poor crowds. There are multiple reasons why people are not going. I agree with what he says as people think its a diddy cup which is f@cking ridiculous coming from Aberdeen fans as we win f@ck all and any trophy is more than worth winning. Wasn't a diddy cup in 2014

It doesn't mention that some aren't going because they are fed up with Scottish fitba in general. Are taking a stand. Don't like the fitba being played by the team. Don't want to go to a sevco game. Are on holiday. Are pissed off with the chairman. Don't want to go because public transport home is too late or whatever.Offshore (in my case). Glory hunters saving for the final. Think we will get pumped(I also think this). The status quo(with fake r*****s) is in place.. Heaps of reasons. To write an article and fail to mention the blatantly obvious discontent in our supporters is pointless in my eyes

At the end of the day 9k is abysmal, but its been coming. Its a sign of the current climate in "Aberdonia".

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    It only covers the fact the league cup semi has a history of poor crowds. There are multiple reasons why people are not going. I agree with what he says as people think its a diddy cup which is f@cking ridiculous coming from Aberdeen fans as we win f@ck all and any trophy is more than worth winning. Wasn't a diddy cup in 2014

It doesn't mention that some aren't going because they are fed up with Scottish fitba in general. Are taking a stand. Don't like the fitba being played by the team. Don't want to go to a sevco game. Are on holiday. Are pissed off with the chairman. Don't want to go because public transport home is too late or whatever.Offshore (in my case). Glory hunters saving for the final. Think we will get pumped(I also think this). The status quo(with fake r*****s) is in place.. Heaps of reasons. To write an article and fail to mention the blatantly obvious discontent in our supporters is pointless in my eyes

At the end of the day 9k is abysmal, but its been coming. Its a sign of the current climate in "Aberdonia".
    You could genuinely give an infinite amount of reasons for fans not being @rsed going, the article basically told it how it is, a few of us are going and we will not be shy.

The club cannot win in this situation, I’m totally f ucked off with SFA/SPFL but I support my club and to this dandy anyway, that is paramount.

SF

You could genuinely give an infinite amount of reasons for fans not being @rsed going, the article basically told it how it is, a few of us are going and we will not be shy.

The club cannot win in this situation, I’m totally f ucked off with SFA/SPFL but I support my club and to this dandy anyway, that is paramount.

SF
    And that s your opinion a which is fair enough.

I think the article was trying to stick up for the club without mentioning other blatantly obvious factors

We had 16k at a Morton semi. "diddy" team in a "diddy" cup yet almost doubled whats currently going to this on v a bigger team and a bigger occasion to be honest.

That paints a picture that all is not a rosie as people would like to believe

I think the article was trying to stick up for the club without mentioning other blatantly obvious factors

We had 16k at a Morton semi. "diddy" team in a "diddy" cup yet almost doubled whats currently going to this on v a bigger team and a bigger occasion to be honest.

And that should be the focus of the authorities. Why will the fans of one of Scotland's best supported, biggest clubs not turn out for this particular game?

That should CONCERN them, they should be looking for answers. But the way this corrupt cartel works, they'll save it up to use against us.......next time we get to a final against a cheek.

Even if, somehow, the fans of every other team in Scotland were to mobilise and boycott, successfully, every game against the cheeks, so the cheeks only ever saw an away fan when they played each other, wouldn't bother the authorities, all the more tickets for cheeks fans, because it wasn't impacting too harshly on the organisations for whose benefit the "game" in this country is run.

It's a rotten, vile state of affairs. And until clubs like ours, Hearts, Hibs take the lead and organise to fight against it........nowt will change.

Still, we might get a "strong R*****s" (sic) so Stuarty boy can trouser a few more bob from a marginally less derisory TV deal.

F u c k them all.

From memory I think the 'total' attendance was just over 16,000 - Of which we had 12/13,000

Your point very much stands though....

Edit to Add - 16,183 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E...ish_League_Cup
    Last edited by EastAnglianRed; 20-10-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Ok my error

But it still stands and it was a 12.15 kick off that day

Indeed

I agreed with you

We had 10,977 at that Morton game , according to AFC Heritage

I reckon we’ll sell a similar amount for next week’s game , especially if the sales are boosted by a decent result and performance today

Quote Originally Posted by EastAnglianRed View Post
    Indeed

I agreed with you
    Thru thick and thin, supporters will support their club, the cream is off the milk up here but we still carry good numbers.......and “if” we take less than 5 figures to this semi......so be it.......certainly not the 1st time and definitely won’t be the last time, anyway .....1st things 1st ......lets get stuck into the diet orcs today and then concern ourselves about next Sunday with their deid cousins.

SF

Thru thick and thin, supporters will support their club, the cream is off the milk up here but we still carry good numbers.......and “if” we take less than 5 figures to this semi......so be it.......certainly not the 1st time and definitely won’t be the last time, anyway .....1st things 1st ......lets get stuck into the diet orcs today and then concern ourselves about next Sunday with their deid cousins.

SF
    In the main, yes I'd agree with that

What's changing now is that a decent number are choosing not to fund corruption - This is the first of a few 'bloody noses' I suspect (For the SPFL, SFA & the Club)

Putting all that to one side for a minute though and, for me, you're bang on the money with the remainder of the post

SF

Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast