+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I never said any of them were a sell out,I said that there is usually more at the Huns game than there is at Hibs or Hearts.

Always grates me that. I remember a couple of seasons ago. Quarter final of the league cup 8 and a bit k there (granted it was a Thursday) Sunday sell out v Sevco(Maddison free kick game). Putting the c@nts on a pedestal. Grips my sh@t
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 21-10-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Again our highest attendance at home so far in the league was Sevco at home,if your theory of people not going is because it’s Sevco and McInnes tactics why do more fans go to the hun games at home than most other teams?

That’s after last seasons not showing up for big games as well.
    Fake news.

The Sevco game was the first game of the season. Typically, it would be a good crowd anyway with high expectations and excitement. Losing or drawing in a league game is a lot easier to take than losing in a semi final, especially when they are going to be having some sort of Gazza tribute. Pittodrie is also easier to get to for the majority of the fans.

A lot of us predicted this would happen a long time ago. It's why Milne's Mason Megadrome should be mothballed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

A lot of us predicted this would happen a long time ago. It's why Milne's Mason Megadrome should be mothballed.
    This is true

Fake news.

The Sevco game was the first game of the season. Typically, it would be a good crowd anyway with high expectations and excitement. Losing or drawing in a league game is a lot easier to take than losing in a semi final, especially when they are going to be having some sort of Gazza tribute. Pittodrie is also easier to get to for the majority of the fans.

So if the game was on a Saturday you think we would only have sold 9000 tickets because it’s Sevco and they are having a gazza tribute?

I don’t think anyone I have spoken to who isn’t going said it was because there is a gazza tribute

Milne's Mason Megadrome should be mothballed.
    An alliterative protest slogan.

Make T shirts now!

Any recommendations for where to drink on Sunday. I'm meeting mates down there and they said they were planning going to church on the hill. Did somebody on here not say the huns are taking over that particular venue?

I think the reason for poor semi final ticket sales is the dire football being played this season and the feeling that we have little chance of winning the game. Being turned over by the huns in front of their gloating support is not everybody's cup of tea. Our goal scoring threat is minimal compared with theirs and I cannot see a good outcome. It is going to be a long hard season. Can you imagine the numbers going to Kingsford on a wet Wednesday night with the team playing crap. I shudder to think, but Milne is convinced it is a good idea.

So if the game was on a Saturday you think we would only have sold 9000 tickets because it’s Sevco and they are having a gazza tribute?

I don’t think anyone I have spoken to who isn’t going said it was because there is a gazza tribute
    Yes and the gazza thing is just one of the many, many reasons we all can't be ****ed with them, not the sole reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Any recommendations for where to drink on Sunday. I'm meeting mates down there and they said they were planning going to church on the hill. Did somebody on here not say the huns are taking over that particular venue?
    That’ll be at the scum end of the ground so avoid that.
    The pubs at the end we’ll be at are sh1te.
    There’s a pub next to a bowling club? That’s it.
    Best to drink in town & get a train to Kings Park pre match?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I'd keep away from Battlefield......that whole area. will be h*n central

Better heading to the other end, there's Montfords, The International (if it's still on the go?)....one called The Beechwood is it? There used to be a bar called the Cedarwood but it's called something else now, I think The Spur is shut?

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast