+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Moot message mates, minimal Milne moolah materialising, makeyon megadrome
    Who gives a f uck, Milne, much like Mr Donald’s loon as a chairthing previously......is a prick......totally transparent.......with luck I’m heading back up the road celebrating being able to take my dad to a final at this time next week......all day long folk will find faults in our current coach....FFS,I and indeed Stevie Wonder can see them, anyway, let’s focus on the positives and give the new club’s fans something to complain about after we hu...........bea.......ehm ........scrape thru and stop the treble/treble.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Who gives a f uck, Milne, much like Mr Donald’s loon as a chairthing previously......is a prick......totally transparent.......with luck I’m heading back up the road celebrating being able to take my dad to a final at this time next week......all day long folk will find faults in our current coach....FFS,I and indeed Stevie Wonder can see them, anyway, let’s focus on the positives and give the new club’s fans something to complain about after we hu...........bea.......ehm ........scrape thru and stop the treble/treble.

SF
    As much as I would like to believe you about the result next weekend the inevitable will happen. We will lie down and take a Glasgow beating. Go Derek McInnes!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    As much as I would like to believe you about the result next weekend the inevitable will happen. We will lie down and take a Glasgow beating. Go Derek McInnes!
    I’m nae going there to “lie down”....I’m there to support my club, the players selected will be of the same ilk surely..... SF

I’m nae going there to “lie down”....I’m there to support my club, the players selected will be of the same ilk surely..... SF
    I take it you havent seen DM's recent attempts against sevco?

McInnes will be going there and take a Glasgow beating. I think our manager and chairman have a bit of a soft spot for our weekend opponents. The beating will be easier for them to take.

This team and positive, attacking approach gives us a good chance of winning as I still don't think Rangers are particularly great...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    GMS Wright McGinn
    Wilson

However I suspect that won't be the team or the approach - we'll likely go with the following, play long balls and therefore give Rangers about 75% of the possession and lose about 3-0.

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine Lowe
    Ferguson Ball Shinnie GMS
    Cosgrove

Wilson will start. I expect him to be chasing lost causes all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This team and positive, attacking approach gives us a good chance of winning as I still don't think Rangers are particularly great...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    GMS Wright McGinn
    Wilson

However I suspect that won't be the team or the approach - we'll likely go with the following, play long balls and therefore give Rangers about 75% of the possession and lose about 3-0.

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine Lowe
    Ferguson Ball Shinnie GMS
    Cosgrove
    I agree with your starting X1.....however, I think DM will play Considine for Lowe, And Ball for Wright, with Ferguson pushed forward;

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ball Shinnie
    GMS Ferguson McGinn
    Wilson

subs; Cerny, Lowe, Gleeson, Wright, May, Anderson, Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree with your starting X1.....however, I think DM will play Considine for Lowe, And Ball for Wright, with Ferguson pushed forward;

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ball Shinnie
    GMS Ferguson McGinn
    Wilson

subs; Cerny, Lowe, Gleeson, Wright, May, Anderson, Cosgrove
    Yeah that line up is also a strong possibility. If I could make only one change from that it would Wright for Ferguson. Wright will give the ball away at times when trying things, but I'd much rather we had someone who can turn and beat a man through the centre of the pitch and open the opposition defence up. That's what we've been lacking most of this season. Whether it's Ball or Ferguson in the holding role I don't mind too much. Would prefer Lowe to Consi as well, but for me the big thing is to get some creativity in the centre.

A forward 4 of GMS, Wright, McGinn and Wilson linking up is actually quite an exciting thought - they're all skilful players with good control and an ability to beat a man, create and score goals. 6 defensive outfield players is surely enough to allow us to have 4 attack minded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah that line up is also a strong possibility. If I could make only one change from that it would Wright for Ferguson. Wright will give the ball away at times when trying things, but I'd much rather we had someone who can turn and beat a man through the centre of the pitch and open the opposition defence up. That's what we've been lacking most of this season. Whether it's Ball or Ferguson in the holding role I don't mind too much. Would prefer Lowe to Consi as well, but for me the big thing is to get some creativity in the centre.

A forward 4 of GMS, Wright, McGinn and Wilson linking up is actually quite an exciting thought - they're all skilful players with good control and an ability to beat a man, create and score goals. 6 defensive outfield players is surely enough to allow us to have 4 attack minded ones.
    I'm afraid I think our manager would see that as far too brave and attack-minded.
    His default position is caution

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast