+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Wilson might make a difference up front on that pitch compared to previous options up front.

He needs support though.
    That's what I was thinking. Also with Wright just behind. This pitch is made for players like these guys. GMS and niall too. I also think we'll need to double up on Tavernier when goes on runs. One great way of stopping him going on runs is to keep him defending.

* whispers*

...the Hampden pitch isn’t that big...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Disagree FTH.
    Don’t think DM will start Wright.
    Think DM will go with;

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine (groan)
    Ball Shinnie
    GMS Ferguson McGinn
    Wilson

Subs; Cerny, Lowe, Gleeson, Wright, May, Anderson, Cosgrove

Swap Lowe with Considine, DM for once in his career to just tell them to "phuckin well go for it for 90 minutes you ba$tards ....just score more eh".....and that`s almost acceptable.

Other than that, lose ......and we all fall deeper into disillusionment

HDI

Whenever I've been it has this massive look and feel to it but I guess that could be the whole stadium bringing on the feeling.

Its doubtful we'd attack no matter the size anyway. We'll attack when we're 1-2 goals down. Until that happens, it'll be trying to nick a goal off a long ball.

I've a nasty feeling Consi will be at left of defence with Lowe in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    * whispers*

In terms of width, it's only 6 foot wider, which I wouldn't have thought was a lot.
    It's about 15 foot longer though

In terms of width, it's only 6 foot wider, which I wouldn't have thought was a lot.
    It's pretty ridiculous that there are a range of sizes for football pitches and not a set size X by Y yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    * whispers*

We at Aberdeen FC don’t discriminate, we can get beat on any size of pitch

I don't agree with most folks assessments of Sevco last night. I actually thought they looked really good, kept control of the ball and were always pressing Spartak. How anyone can say they were 'poor' in the second half, when they are in the group stages of the EL, against very decent opposition is daft.

Despite all that though, we should be taking advantage of tired legs, because they were running out of steam. If we plan to sit back for 90 minutes, which I fully expect, then we will get beaten. If we take the game to them and give them no time on the ball, then we can maybe do something. Marelos will be a big loss for them but they can still score goals. We just need to be on our game, which we haven't done so far this season unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I don't agree with most folks assessments of Sevco last night. I actually thought they looked really good, kept control of the ball and were always pressing Spartak. How anyone can say they were 'poor' in the second half, when they are in the group stages of the EL, against very decent opposition is daft.

Despite all that though, we should be taking advantage of tired legs, because they were running out of steam. If we plan to sit back for 90 minutes, which I fully expect, then we will get beaten. If we take the game to them and give them no time on the ball, then we can maybe do something. Marelos will be a big loss for them but they can still score goals. We just need to be on our game, which we haven't done so far this season unfortunately.
    Aye, we need to play like we haven't played this season, with guts, ambition and drive...I'll be so happy if we win because I'm expecting more Hampden misery

In today's game it must make a big difference.

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast