+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s going on then?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    There are plenty of older fans though Rom. Okay Adi might be the youngest at the moment and some - just one or two - younger contributors have proved disastrously stupid...but why did the likes of Triz, Ella, VdLH, Ramondo, Angry etc disappear...pretty sure they weren’t young. Even decent regulars like Stenson, Manx, MoP and, love him or loath him, Swale contribute less now.

As regards mistaram...he not only goes to more matches than most but also watches the youngsters, so I think your criticism is a tad unfair. I feel he does know more than most as a result and I am inclined to believe that his consistently objective first hand reports are more knowledgeable than most.
    I think you got me wrong. I'm not suggesting he doesn't know a lot, sure he does. But just because he goes does not give him the right to proclaim that someone who doesn't go knows very little or nothing. Or even worse, fans in faraway lands.
    I met an Indian boy some time back, bloody hell, the kid could roll facts about most prem teams, even I didn't have an inkling.
    I think it depends on your passion, when I was a kid I used to read and read about all sorts of footy stuff.
    Fans in stadia are important, but fans elsewhere are just as important.
    I'm sure if Derby became a Prem regular, the club would love have a few million 'new' fans from China, Japan and India, who are prepared to pay for merchandise, watch pay tv and even travel once a year or biennially to see Derby in the flesh.

Even in tier 2 any paying fan from any of these countries are much appreciated and welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I didnt realise this thread was going to end up being all about AGE, and how old Anag really is...
    (soz Anag kid, I just couldnt resist that one).
    Anyway it's a good thread for you, you little tyke. Now you know Adis a bit younger and you can relate to him, even though he's still about 15 years older than you!

Oh yeah RA, about the older guys thing, again I'm not saying those here who are slightly more reasonable, but elsewhere on FM.
    Anyway I do accept some prefer the quitter surroundings here than elsewhere. But generally is the older ones who prefer it. Most of our posters from Forest are on FB, Instagram and elsewhere. Most were younger hence the exodus.
    Myself and Tricky we hang around here, because it's a bit less hectic, you don't have to keep scrolling up like on FB to read what people write and also here we have a bit of anonymity. But yeah we do post on FB a bit more.

The only surprising thing is that FM is still existing. We thought it'd close down years ago. Anyway since the owners don't seem to care so much about posters and attracting them, why should we really care? They're more interested in earning ad money from dubious sites. Look at how they treated Bloomer.

There are plenty of older fans though Rom. Okay Adi might be the youngest at the moment and some - just
    one or two - younger contributors have proved disastrously stupid...but why did the likes of Triz, Ella, VdLH, Ramondo, Angry etc disappear...pretty sure they weren’t young. Even decent regulars like Stenson, Manx, MoP and, love him or loath him, Swale contribute less now.

As regards mistaram...he not only goes to more matches than most but also watches the youngsters, so I think your criticism is a tad unfair. I feel he does know more than most as a result and I am inclined to believe that his consistently objective first hand reports are more knowledgeable than most.
    RA cheers mate don't recall Romanis telling you last March that Bogle will get you off your seat 😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Anyway it's a good thread for you, you little tyke. Now you know Adis a bit younger and you can relate to him, even though he's still about 15 years older than you!
    I didnt understand a damm word of that litte Notts kid, so I cant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I think you got me wrong. I'm not suggesting he doesn't know a lot, sure he does. But just because he goes does not give him the right to proclaim that someone who doesn't go knows very little or nothing. Or even worse, fans in faraway lands.
    I met an Indian boy some time back, bloody hell, the kid could roll facts about most prem teams, even I didn't have an inkling.
    I think it depends on your passion, when I was a kid I used to read and read about all sorts of footy stuff.
    Fans in stadia are important, but fans elsewhere are just as important.
    I'm sure if Derby became a Prem regular, the club would love have a few million 'new' fans from China, Japan and India, who are prepared to pay for merchandise, watch pay tv and even travel once a year or biennially to see Derby in the flesh.

Even in tier 2 any paying fan from any of these countries are much appreciated and welcome.
    We’re not talking about ‘rolling out facts’ though Rom...any ’statto’ with nothing better to do can do that. We’re talking about knowledge of our current individual players.
    You have to watch regularly to have that and you have to watch the U23’s to know who’s coming through. As mista says...not many tipped Bogle to be pinching the right back position from Wisdom this season and I certainly wouldn’t have known, as he does, that Butters had a ‘stormer’ earlier this week. Who knows...he might provide another midfield option rather than be the write off most of us thought.

We’re not talking about ‘rolling out facts’ though Rom...any ’statto’ with
    nothing better to do can do that. We’re talking about knowledge of our current individual players.
    You have to watch regularly to have that and you have to watch the U23’s to know who’s coming through. As mista says...not many tipped Bogle to be pinching the right back position from Wisdom this season and I certainly wouldn’t have known, as he does, that Butters had a ‘stormer’ earlier this week. Who knows...he might provide another midfield option rather than be the write off most of us thought.
    RA Romanis is right in what he says, you don't have to go to be a fan but football without a crowd wouldn't be very good The next thing I will try and predict us that Kyle McAllister will make the first team he's still a bit short of fitness but the lad is good

McAllister arrived already injured and has taken a long time to get near anything like fitness. Appears to be another great talent, let's hope he gets fit, stays that way and reaches his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA Romanis is right in what he says, you don't have to go to be a fan but football without a crowd wouldn't be very good The next thing I will try and predict us that Kyle McAllister will make the first team he's still a bit short of fitness but the lad is good
    I’ve not said otherwise mista. Circumstances have dictated that I’ve only seen Derby three times this season. Doesn’t make me any less of a fan but I do consider myself currently less informed than the likes of you and MA.
    If McAllister comes good that will be another bonus...I’d more or less written him off as inexpensive potential that had sunk without trace. What about Holmes? He seems, from a distance, to have flattered to deceive.

rA. McAllister arrived in need of repair. We are only now starting to see how much repair was needed. He is finally up to playing and impressed against PSG U23s in a 1-1 draw. Hopefully he will now start to get back on track and show he is the player we thought he could become.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)