+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s going on then?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In the week we win at Old Trafford - yes I know it’s only the Carabou Cup but still an achievement - we’ve got two chaps doing a public pm, two more talking about Postman Pat, Es*** trying to be funny and very little about this week’s achievement or anything to do with football. Not much better on the site who’s name we’re not allowed to mention...are the forums dying?
    Too many Red Scum posters and non-football related posts.

This site is dead for all practical purposes.

Post 10 on this thread illustrates the dire depths now reached

Will not be back.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    Too many Red Scum posters and non-football related posts.

This site is dead for all practical purposes.

Post 10 on this thread illustrates the dire depths now reached

Will not be back.
    Or rather too many old fogeys who expect others to create posts for their pleasure.

61 posts in 4 years, speaks for itself. Won't be missed by FM.

I hope he wasn't referring to me or my team as a 'red scum poster'. Yes ok we do also play in in red but thats just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I hope he wasn't referring to me or my team as a 'red scum poster'. Yes ok we do also play in in red but thats just a coincidence.
    Not you Acido. Pity really...’sixties’ has posted some decent stuff over the years but about fif**** posts a year isn’t going to keep anything alive is it?

Don’t really understand it. Despite yesterday this is potentially the most exciting season for five years and people should be able to just pick and choose what they’re interested in. Simple as that surely.
    I’m not really interested in having a site like those at Swindon or Forest where the same four or five people form some sort of ‘exclusive’ club but I do value this place and V*tal when they’re busy and ‘working’ well.
    Any suggestions?

How about a quiz to drum up some interest ?. lol
    Do you ever do a predictions league on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    How about a quiz to drum up some interest ?. lol
    Do you ever do a predictions league on this board.
    Doesn’t do it for me Acido, but might appeal to others.

Not you Acido. Pity really...’sixties’ has posted some decent stuff over the years but about fif**** posts a year isn’t going to keep anything alive is it?

Don’t really understand it. Despite yesterday this is potentially the most exciting season for five years and people should be able to just pick and choose what they’re interested in. Simple as that surely.
    I’m not really interested in having a site like those at Swindon or Forest where the same four or five people form some sort of ‘exclusive’ club but I do value this place and V*tal when they’re busy and ‘working’ well.
    Any suggestions?

He moans about us, but what about creating topics for discussion? You can't blame your visitors, when you don't even bother to talk about footy or your club yourself, can you?
    It's a fact that I rather than him, created far more DCFC posts last season. But I can't be expected to keep doing his job for him.
    And rather than insulting your club after a loss to 1 of the 'weaker' sides in this division, a diversion pertaining to some humour is a far more tolerable thing, any reasonable person would attest to.

But to answer your question, the primary reason no one really bothered about the win at United is because no one thinks you are going to win the trophy and I believe a healthy majority of Derby fans the world over, would readily exchange that win for 3 points against the Trotters,

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    He moans about us, but what about creating topics for discussion? You can't blame your visitors, when you don't even bother to talk about footy or your club yourself, can you?
    It's a fact that I rather than him, created far more DCFC posts last season. But I can't be expected to keep doing his job for him.
    And rather than insulting your club after a loss to 1 of the 'weaker' sides in this division, a diversion pertaining to some humour is a far more tolerable thing, any reasonable person would attest to.

But to answer your question, the primary reason no one really bothered about the win at United is because no one thinks you are going to win the trophy and I believe a healthy majority of Derby fans the world over, would readily exchange that win for 3 points against the Trotters,
    Of course we would and I for one said that all along. Doesn’t alter the fact that the win against Brentford followed by the win at Old Trafford together with our healthy league position should be encouraging interest and debate on the forum whereas I can’t remember a time when there’s been less interest. Can’t see the point of blaming ‘non football related issues’ either...at least two of them have generated the most interest of all the threads put together.

Any suggestions?
    RA that's an exaggeration about the Forest site they have three posters and one of them is a pie

Combination of many things I think RA. On football -

Things are going good, but nobody wants to get ahead of themselves and start calling our destiny either way. Things always get livelier when there's controversy. Personally, I'm enjoying our current season, and watching Frank has been a breath of fresh air. Nothing to complain about, just sit back and enjoy it. Plus I've only physically been to 1 game, so can't really give more insight than others based on what I see on RamsTV. With other regular posters being based in Manchester, Surrey, and even Holland (though very busy a poster), perhaps its the same? A bit of controversy might ramp things up, but numbers are thin, there's only so much one can contribute and in my experience, those who say the most, usually have the least to say.

Generation: I feel I'm probably one of the younger posters across the 2 boards, and I'm the wrong side of 30, younger people don't seem to frequent football forums as much as 10 years ago, when forums were generally more popular than facebook.

OT threads: I know it's a bit hypocritical as I'm posting on 1, but if I was a new visitor to this board and I read the threads on the 1st page of this forum, I wouldn't be signing up. It puts me off as a long term poster. It's one thing to post about the cricket or music, its another to be posting about politics all the time, too serious and too many people become easily volatile. In the past I've met with board members with very different views, and had a good beer. Now, I don't think people would do so, the last board meet I can recall (although I didn't attend, ironically I met with ex board members) was the Wembley loss 4 years ago. It used to be regular, there were even football matches between rival boards. If we did it now, I'd expect Swale to turn up with razors on his studs and Awks to be on hunger strike.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)