+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What’s going on then?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Anag, this thread at least or maybe even this board as well, is getting busier today isnt it!.
    Suspect it’ll be horribly busy if we lose to Tufty’s lot tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Combination of many things I think RA. On football -

Things are going good, but nobody wants to get ahead of themselves and start calling our destiny either way. Things always get livelier when there's controversy. Personally, I'm enjoying our current season, and watching Frank has been a breath of fresh air. Nothing to complain about, just sit back and enjoy it. Plus I've only physically been to 1 game, so can't really give more insight than others based on what I see on RamsTV. With other regular posters being based in Manchester, Surrey, and even Holland (though very busy a poster), perhaps its the same? A bit of controversy might ramp things up, but numbers are thin, there's only so much one can contribute and in my experience, those who say the most, usually have the least to say.

Generation: I feel I'm probably one of the younger posters across the 2 boards, and I'm the wrong side of 30, younger people don't seem to frequent football forums as much as 10 years ago, when forums were generally more popular than facebook.

OT threads: I know it's a bit hypocritical as I'm posting on 1, but if I was a new visitor to this board and I read the threads on the 1st page of this forum, I wouldn't be signing up. It puts me off as a long term poster. It's one thing to post about the cricket or music, its another to be posting about politics all the time, too serious and too many people become easily volatile. In the past I've met with board members with very different views, and had a good beer. Now, I don't think people would do so, the last board meet I can recall (although I didn't attend, ironically I met with ex board members) was the Wembley loss 4 years ago. It used to be regular, there were even football matches between rival boards. If we did it now, I'd expect Swale to turn up with razors on his studs and Awks to be on hunger strike.
    Nah, I don't condone violence unless its absolutely justified!

The sheer fact is that these Forums are a bunch of old farts keeping themselves amused, little to comment on and nothing new to read. They are dying and when the current posters expire they will to.

I only pop in now and again to see if owts changed and nothing has, there is not even the sport of rodent baiting these days to alleviate the boredom!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nah, I don't condone violence unless its absolutely justified!

The sheer fact is that these Forums are a bunch of old farts keeping themselves amused, little to comment on and nothing new to read. They are dying and when the current posters expire they will to.

I only pop in now and again to see if owts changed and nothing has, there is not even the sport of rodent baiting these days to alleviate the boredom!
    Not one of your more enlightening or helpful comments there Swale.
    I doubt very much that such forums, given their current rate of decline, will outlive the majority of us who currently contribute and seem, you included, to only be in our late fifties and early to mid sixties. So, speak for yourself as far as the ‘old farts’ comment is concerned.
    You describe ‘little to comment on and nothing new to read’, yet there’s just as much to comment on about DCFC as there ever has been and there are more O/T threads than used to be the case. So why the ‘slow death’?

Bloody hell I'm only 48 but my son thinks I'm ancient

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    My kids aren’t allowed to think that because ancient people don’t put shelves up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    My kids aren’t allowed to think that because ancient people don’t put shelves up
    Nor mine as ancient people don't do all nighters........

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    That is very ancient, comapred to my age of 47 and a third.
    Age is only a number though, it doesn't stop older fans having their own views does it.

That is very ancient, comapred to my age of 47 divided by a third.
    Age is only a number though, it doesn't stop older fans having their own views does it.
    Fixed that for you, you little Tyke!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Fixed that for you, you little Tyke!
    I like the little Tyke thing Romo kid, but why have you changed my comments. I didn't post 'divided by a third' did I ?.

I like the little Tyke thing Romo kid, but why have you changed my comments. I didn't post 'divided by a third' did I ?.
    47? Nah never, you ain't 47. 47/3 very possibly. Which means you're about to reach the age of consent, you little tyke. I'm not into guys, but my wife keeps trying to get me to do and try new stuff. So I just might acquiesce and 'do you' when you turn 16!
    Trolol.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)