+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bethel Rovers

Bethel Rovers

Are they still going ?
    Had a great time playing for them in late 70s early 80s, in fact we were south Yorkshire champs one season.
    Good times !

Don't know if they are still going but Howard Webb played for them too.

Howard is 6 years younger than me,so our paths never crossed then....wouldn`t have got in our team anyway !

Bethel Rovers had some great teams, I played for them for a good 4/5 years with
    Shaun Goodwin (signing school boy forms with him) we showed the Sheffield teams how to play and it was great!

A step too far Great_fire.

Cheers Frog,some people just cant help themselves

Played for them from 83-86 and won absolutely everything.

Mind you we had a great manager, Ronnie Moore for the first season then Les Warberton, Rays Dad for the last 2.

The man who created Bethel, Stan Flute was also involved, a great man who sadly passed earlier this year. His Son Alan also coached us. Had some great Battles with Whitehill Rovers who I went on to play for in the Redgates league in Sheffield but Bethel was the best side I played for, captained them too.

I can guess what GF has said, good man Froggy for getting rid of whatever sh1te he wrote.

Mr Goulty and Mr Benton our managers, we also played in the Redgates league. A proper junior football set up.
    Whitehall rovers also a good team when we played them.

Where did you play your games Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv1 View Post
    Where did you play your games Riley?
    Played at Stubbin Riv. Good pitch, bit of a slope from side to side but still good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast