+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton Predictions

Bolton Predictions

Me? Tuesday was too good to be a fluke so I go 2-0 Derby

Anyone?

Especially anyone who doesn’t usually offer an opinion, let’s hear from you

Bolton. Won 3. Drawn 3. Lost 3. GD of -3.

0-3 Derby it is then.

Can't see anything other than a Derby win. I also fancy 3-0. The belief is growing among the players, let's hope there is no room for complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Can't see anything other than a Derby win. I also fancy 3-0. The belief is growing among the players, let's hope there is no room for complacency.
    Oh dear...fine line between confidence and complacency. After Tuesday I’m going with my ‘heart’ again. Head say 2-0 to Bolton...heart say 1-3 to us.

My kidneys say 1-1

So I can see the Lord Mayor's Show heading off into the distance as Noone scores for Bolton whereas Noone has scored for the Rams

After the Lord Mayor's show............

Poor passing, insufficient movement off the ball to give the man in possession options. Free kicks and corners were awful. Lacl of composure. Some Kamikaze defending at times, Fozzy early doors, Keogh twice. We huffed and puffed but couldn't blow their house down. All too often choosing to go through the middle where they seemed to have 97 defenders...... Poor choices.

Their game play worked well aided and abetted by our poor choices. They got the goal they never thought they would and held out. Credit to their defence as they got onto the end of just about every cross, free kick and corner. Kudos.

The stats say 74% possession 17 shots and just the one on target. I would argue the amount as at least half were blocked by defenders but were actually on target. Either way, we weren't good enough today. It appears we have the same Achilles Heel we have had for a few seasons now. The inability to break down a massed and well organised defence. That has to be our number one focus now. How to get round and/or behind mass defences.

Phew, escaped one there, I nearly wanted to bet on you guys to either turn it around or get the draw....

A mate of mine needed Derby to score for £2500. He'd done both teams to score in 8 matches and got the other fif**** teams up.

How the hell did Olkowski stay on after that tackle where his studs went extremely dangerously into Bennett's knee? Red all day but the ref only gave yellow.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)