+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: George Murdoch Murder - The Pittodrie Connection

Continuing with the theme of NE murders, and how useless Grumpian Police were....

The Maxwell Garvie murder in Auchenblae in the late 60s..... his body lay in Loirston Castle in St Cyrus for 3 months afore it was found, and that was only cos Sheila Garvie's mum confessed all to Dibble, landing her daugher a life sentence.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 02-10-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Loving this thread. I feel a book coming "Aberdeen murders and mysterys"

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Continuing with the theme of NE murders, and how useless Grumpian Police were....

The Maxwell Garvie murder in Auchenblae in the late 60s..... his body lay in Loirston Castle in St Cyrus for 3 months afore it was found, and that was only cos Sheila Garvie's mum confessed all to Dibble, landing her daugher a life sentence.
    I was only a wee bit at the time but had a strong, albeit peripheral, familial connection to that carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Loving this thread. I feel a book coming "Aberdeen murders and mysterys"
    There is a book , think its called Blood and Granite

Quote Originally Posted by byreg09 View Post
    Not a bad read either

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I was only a wee bit at the time but had a strong, albeit peripheral, familial connection to that carry on.
    Did a former 1980s Dons' fringe player's dad nae marry Mrs G when she was let oot of chokey? Mebbe just a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by byreg09 View Post
    Aye, I've read that and I wasn't surprised to see the amount of murders that happened around Urquhart Road and Park Road area. There's not a lot of sunlight gets in among those Granite buildings and you can imagine it driving someone temporarily insane

The Blood and Granite book only went up to the 1960s though, did it not? I thought it finished with the last official hanging at Craiginches around 1963.

It's definitely time for a new book but extending it to the North East-ish, and covering Murdoch, Page and the mystery of the Nairn banker Alistair Wilson. In fact there's been a few murders on here mentioned such as the Postmistress, Springbank Terrace that need a public airing again....

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Did a former 1980s Dons' fringe player's dad nae marry Mrs G when she was let oot of chokey? Mebbe just a rumour?
    After her release from jail, she married David McLellan, a Rhodesian oilworker, but the marriage lasted only two years. Shortly after divorce, she married again, living with her third husband, Charles Mitchell, a drilling engineer, at their home in Stonehaven until he died in 1992.

Not aware of any AFC connection.

Other than, the Garvie's had a nudist camp in Tough, Alford, which the locals dubbed Kinky Cottage. That will be a stones throw from where S.Milne was brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Ian Porteous? Probably not, but he doesn't get enough mentions on here...what about the mystery of the pint glass getting cracked over someone's head in an Aberdeen nightspot whilst in the hand of the aforementioned player...

Who was the fringe player? Oh Brian Mitchell was from that neck of the woods...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, I've read that and I wasn't surprised to see the amount of murders that happened around Urquhart Road and Park Road area. There's not a lot of sunlight gets in among those Granite buildings and you can imagine it driving someone temporarily insane

The Blood and Granite book only went up to the 1960s though, did it not? I thought it finished with the last official hanging at Craiginches around 1963.

It's definitely time for a new book but extending it to the North East-ish, and covering Murdoch, Page and the mystery of the Nairn banker Alistair Wilson. In fact there's been a few murders on here mentioned such as the Postmistress, Springbank Terrace that need a public airing again....
    What about that murder in Rothienorman last year, a garage owner, where the Police did charge someone, but fcuked up somewhere along the line and it never made it to court? Or it did, but got thrown out by the judge?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast