+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T Best songs by The Clash

I think you've just summed up the modern left, you want to put people into boxes.

In the real world people have some views that might be considered right-wing and some that might be considered left-wing.

The Corbynistas can't see this, everything is black or white to them, you're either one of them or a fascist/ racist/ Tory/ Daily Mail reader.

This is what I find so scary about them because it's reminiscent of Stalin, Mao and the Khmer Rouge.

This kind of thinking leads to show trials, re-education camps and ultimately if taken to it's logical conclusion, executions and mass murder.
    Last edited by great_fire; 30-09-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Erm.. Tommy Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I think you've just summed up the modern left, you want to put people into boxes.

In the real world people have some views that might be considered right-wing and some that might be considered left-wing.

The Corbynistas can't see this, everything is black or white to them, you're either one of them or a fascist/ racist/ Tory/ Daily Mail reader.

This is what I find so scary about them because it's reminiscent of Stalin, Mao and the Khmer Rouge.

This kind of thinking leads to show trials, re-education camps and ultimately if taken to it's logical conclusion, executions and mass murder.
    Fecking hell Corbyn only wants to bring back a few industries and services back in to public ownership .

It's more an attempt to make capitalism work better for everyone .

Nobody who opposes it will be going to the salt mines as a political prisoner fire , trust me .

I am not not overly a Corbyn fan but this is paranoia at its finest. Are you really comparing the Labour Party to the Khmer Rouge? Ridiculous and this is when people switch off to whatever point you may be trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    sickly, mon ami, we're at cross purposes here. My comment was no way meant as a reflection on your point about the album; it was merely a separate point that some reviews of the album at the time seem with hindsight to have had a rather inflated view of the capacity of musicians to change the world.
    As a Clash fan I wasn't paticulary impressed with this album as a piece of music.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    I am not not overly a Corbyn fan but this is paranoia at its finest. Are you really comparing the Labour Party to the Khmer Rouge? Ridiculous and this is when people switch off to whatever point you may be trying to make.
    I was talking about where that kind of thinking leads.

Calling your enemies fascists to disguise your own fascist behaviour is clever though I will admit, from that "Rules for Radicals" book?

Don't fully disagree with you, any ideology that professes to have all the answers is potentially dangerous and can lead to dark places. I think at the moment the Labour Party is far away from this. Must remain vigilant though.

Back in the olden days when this thread was about the best Clash songs I was going to post Bankrobber closely followed by Tommy Gun, or maybe the other way round, can't make my mind up

Go straight to hell. Not you CAM the song.

I was talking about where that kind of thinking leads.

Calling your enemies fascists to disguise your own fascist behaviour is clever though I will admit, from that "Rules for Radicals" book?
    Nobody other than you has mentioned the word "fascist" on this thread (twice) ... feeling guilty or what? Fascists are obviously people who agree with the political views of Hiitler and Mussolini like...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 30-09-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast