+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Preston v Albion team news,matchthread

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    If we keep leaking goals and end up getting promoted we will be cannon fodder in the Prem.

You would hope if we got promoted those who are not good enough will be discarded for better talent. Whilst I think Johnstone is decent, I do think Foster was a different class. Keepers have a huge confidence boost for the defenders who play in front of them and this may be one reason of a few. Johnstone is too often flat footed and could have done better for the first Preston goal as he could have with other goals conceded. Again he's decent, but not in the same league as Foster.

As another poster said three points is three points so as long as we score more than the opponents, I am happy but there will be a time, where a stupid goal will cost us, as we can't always rely on getting goals!

Need to win at Sheffield and Leeds battered them so we will get goals there!

If we keep leaking goals and end up getting promoted we will be cannon fodder in the Prem.
    I couldn’t agree more Boingy.

Watching the highlights is like watching Dr Who when I was a kid.....from behind the sofa and through my fingers.

The defence is as bad as anything pre Gary Megson.....an absolute car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Well done you Baggies, top of the pile! After all the bloody moaning you've been doing as well.
    Thanks WW.

There's still plenty of whinging and a whining. We're top of league not bottom, as many wins as the whole of last season and scoring goals yet there are some posters on here who haven't posted a single positive comment about any aspect.

FFS enjoy it while you can it may or may not last.

COYB

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    How did Mears look Al?
    hope you don't mind me butting in. Mears is totally out of his depth, he was invisible in the first half, slightly better in the second with the coaching staff in his ear. when he gets the ball it's like a hot potato he can't get rid quick enough anywhere will do. we could all see this in the crowd so with brunt field edwards aradybio even kanu could have done a job there, but instead the manager takes off our best player,harvey barnes and replaces him with kanu, I despair

I'm chuffed to bits that we are top but seriously any Prem team would be 2-0 up in the first ten minutes and we would struggle to get past their defence. I just think we need to recognise that we have lost the defence. It needs to be addressed this season because you can't wait till a new season in the Prem (hopefully) to just hope that we will be ok.

I'm chuffed to bits that we are top but seriously any Prem team would be 2-0 up in the first ten minutes and we would struggle to get past their defence. I just think we need to recognise that we have lost the defence. It needs to be addressed this season because you can't wait till a new season in the Prem (hopefully) to just hope that we will be ok.

I agree! A mulumbo type player in midfield - a better player than Bartley and a keeper with the presence and confidence of Foster! Not saying Johnstone is not decent as he's good, but not the rock in front of the back four, even though Foster was a **** for doing what he did!

Again - as long as we are top we should be content but in life there's always improvements and that's where we need to focus!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I agree! A mulumbo type player in midfield - a better player than Bartley and a keeper with the presence and confidence of Foster! Not saying Johnstone is not decent as he's good, but not the rock in front of the back four, even though Foster was a **** for doing what he did!

Again - as long as we are top we should be content but in life there's always improvements and that's where we need to focus!

He doesn't play in front of the back four. We play with three at the back and he plays behind them.
    So if you're gonna spout a cliché at least get it right.
    Maybe you should cut down on them pints before the game. They're impairing your vison.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    He doesn't play in front of the back four. We play with three at the back and he plays behind them.
    So if you're gonna spout a cliché at least get it right.
    Maybe you should cut down on them pints before the game. They're impairing your vison.

What a knob you are! It was obvious what was meant! See you was washing your hair on Saturday! FFS - no one washes their hair in midweek again so you going to Sheffield? Just would love it - just would love it, to see you before the Wednesday game ( excuse the pun ) to discuss the debate with you further.

Wigan?
    Ipswich?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a knob you are! It was obvious what was meant! See you was washing your hair on Saturday! FFS - no one washes their hair in midweek again so you going to Sheffield? Just would love it - just would love it, to see you before the Wednesday game ( excuse the pun ) to discuss the debate with you further.

Wigan?
    Ipswich?
    You should film your adventures away. You could be the new Karl Pilkington.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    You should film your adventures away. You could be the new Karl Pilkington.

You could be the next Newcy as posts are similar and full of ****e! Not by coincidence, you both have cried off!

PS - as you have turned down a pint on the next three away games how about 2nd Feb when you can do some loud farts when the away bus turns up?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)