+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crewe Alexandra 29/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Drama queen alert!!!
    Agreed. The match thread room is prob a bit sparse for the home matches but excellent for the away ones. A deserved victory spoiled only by Turley Wurley's unfortunate slip. Aless was my MOM, he was brill.

Great feeling to get a win, was really nervous in the closing period but we saw it out. When I get home I'm going to party like it's 1862 ha ha.

Firstly we must keep the match threads going. Afterall this is a Football Forum.

Secondly what a relief we have finally got our first win of the season at game ten. The script of the start of the season was supposed to be Notts County in second place on 22 points, not Newport County!!

Anyway the main thing is we are now out of the bottom two and have gone three games unbeaten. So we’ve slowly started to turn the corner.

The irony is even though our start in the first ten games is so bad we have only lost two more than Bury who sit in 8th place just outside the playoffs. Also our goals scored is the same as Stevenage who are in 4th place.

We ideally need a win at home against Crawley to get some momentum and push on. No doubt HK will want us to put in a performance against his old team. I would take a point just to keep the unbeaten run going.

After a very promising start the optimism that brought slowly dissipated after the equaliser and as the half went on. We seemed to be progressively losing our way again and old habits resurfaced as Crewe continuously managed to diseconomies our midfield and back for with relative ease.

Thankfully we finally appear to have a manager who can see where things are going wrong and what is needed to put it right. Second half we were more aggressive going after the second ball and it is obvious we are much more of a threat with Enzio playing on the left.

Hewitt has gone a long way towards redeeming himself today, it wasn’t a perfect performance from him but it was more in keeping with the Hewitt we got used to last season when he had Yates beside him and his goal will do his confidence the world of good.

The second half performance gives some hope that the corner is finally starting to be turned, although we still tried to make hard work of things at times.

Tuesday will be another big test, Crawley have just beaten Yeovil 3-0 and will be looking to get one over on HK.

All in all much better, but then it couldn’t be any worse, could it?

Phew. Stead and Lewis joint MOTM. I wonder what durham as to say about Steady now. 2nd half was the best we have played this season and it was great to see Lewis get a standing ovation when he was substituted. Ref took a bit of stick but I didn't think he was that bad , would certainly win any funny runs competitions.

Personally, sitting where I was, from my seat in the Kop, Elliot Ward was, speaking for myself you understand, my MOTM.

Good to see a manager basically win us a game with a tactical switch at half time. We looked far too open playing 4-4-2, and the attacking players were spread too far apart. Going to 4-2-3-1 allowed us to stop them having so much time on the ball in midfield, and also got Alessandra into a position where he could get on the ball and get Stead and Boldewijn, in particular, into the game.

I think that needs to be our default position going forwards - Milsom and Hewitt gives us a decent base and there are plenty of options in the three attacking midfield positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Sadly, there seems little interest in match threads anymore, even on the day of our first win of the season. it seems like a waste of time and effort - for that reason, I wont bother with them anymore
    Well a lot of us are actually at the match.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Good to see a manager basically win us a game with a tactical switch at half time. We looked far too open playing 4-4-2, and the attacking players were spread too far apart. Going to 4-2-3-1 allowed us to stop them having so much time on the ball in midfield, and also got Alessandra into a position where he could get on the ball and get Stead and Boldewijn, in particular, into the game.

I think that needs to be our default position going forwards - Milsom and Hewitt gives us a decent base and there are plenty of options in the three attacking midfield positions.
    Yep , great move by Harry putting Lewis into the midfield 'hole' , we made Crewe look like Barcelona in the first half. Crewe alawys play good football if you let them and we certainly stopped them playing in the second . I was really impressed with the lad who played wide out on the left for them.
    Last edited by navypie; 29-09-2018 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Well a lot of us are actually at the match.

Dont be cruel, he was at home playing with his Lego.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast