+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crewe Alexandra 29/9/18

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Yesssss!!! Nervy last 20 minutes but a deserved win in the end. Fitz had a good second half, as did Enzio, Cedric (my MOM), Steady and Louis. No idea why HK kept Stead on as he was dead on his feet after 70 minutes. Seemed obvious to swap him for Dennis, but we rode our luck - especially with two or three dangerous crosses from their left winger and a good save from Fitz low to his left. COYP!
    Totally agreed, Enzio and Evita combo was superb 2nd half, Aless and Steady worked their socks off....Milsom solid in midfield....Fitz made two classy saves to keep us in it and we held firm at CB despite the Hulk's error in the 1st half

Massive relief to finally get that first win. Let's set our sites on 18th now to climb out of the bottom quarter.

Crawley will probably be a tougher game on Tuesday but would be good to have a 4 point gap on Macc for the six-pointer next Saturday so they can't go into that game thinking they can overtake us if they win.

Is it safe to call this a 3 match unbeaten run now? The full table on BBC shows the improvement in full colour, whereas Grimsby and Macc have 9 reds out of 10.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table
    Last edited by Bohinen; 29-09-2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Can't count

Macclesfield 34 games without a win, that is seriously bad.

Since I am unable to be at many home games, I do rely on the match thread postings. For those of us who live away from Nottingham
    The updates are invaluable. Please keep them going.
    Pleased to add that I will be at the Crawley game on Tuesday.
    COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Macclesfield 34 games without a win, that is seriously bad.
    Derby have the record 36 I believe but Macclesfield did have some glory last season and they are not dead and buried by any means a win can change everything.

Hopefully for our sake they at least match the record set by Derby.

I'm still in shock. Well done Notts.

Lets hope this kick starts the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Since I am unable to be at many home games, I do rely on the match thread postings. For those of us who live away from Nottingham
    The updates are invaluable. Please keep them going.
    COYP.
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Sadly, there seems little interest in match threads anymore, even on the day of our first win of the season. it seems like a waste of time and effort - for that reason, I wont bother with them anymore
    Drama queen alert!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast