+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crewe Alexandra 29/9/18

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Match Thread vs Crewe Alexandra 29/9/18

One change as Noor Husin makes way for Elliott Hewitt.

Name:  42648101_10157286450940961_8319203415850745856_o.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  83.1 KB

Already off to a great start. Just been pulled up at turnstile as I have brought last seasons ST with me!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Already off to a great start. Just been pulled up at turnstile as I have brought last seasons ST with me!
    Bugger! Did you get through in the end?

Yeah sorted me out at ticket office. Things I do to try and change our fortunes, this time last year everything was looking rosy lol.

Good to see Milsom score. A rare goal for him, only his 3rd in 5 years

Milsom gives us a 5th minute lead. Can we even hold onto it for 10 minutes? My guess is No.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Milsom gives us a 5th minute lead. Can we even hold onto it for 10 minutes? My guess is No.
    You guess correctly.

14 mins 1-1

1-1 Different defenders same old issues!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    1-1 Different defenders same old issues!!!!
    Dreadful goal to concede.....floated cross into the Notts penno box, a huge swing of the leg by the Hulk, completely misses it and the ball bounces off his arm? 2 yards to a completely unmarked Crewe player....early Xmas pressy for them.

Fitz has had two dodgy moments, a two-fisted punch that went all of 5 yards and landed on the edge of our penno box, and a clearance from a back-pass that turned into a daisy-cutter straight to a Crewe player.

Going forward we look pretty decent, the goal was an excellent combo of Hemmings twisting and turning inside their box, smashed a cross low-n-hard to Stead who gifted a ball to Milsom arriving late, classy goal.

Milsom almost got a straight red for a high tackle in midfield, Hewitt is a bit meeeeeh, Enzio is being double and treble marked, Evita looks decent overlapping with Aless.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Dreadful goal to concede.....floated cross into the Notts penno box, a huge swing of the leg by the Hulk, completely misses it and the ball bounces off his arm? 2 yards to a completely unmarked Crewe player....early Xmas pressy for them.

Fitz has had two dodgy moments, a two-fisted punch that went all of 5 yards and landed on the edge of our penno box, and a clearance from a back-pass that turned into a daisy-cutter straight to a Crewe player.

Going forward we look pretty decent, the goal was an excellent combo of Hemmings twisting and turning inside their box, smashed a cross low-n-hard to Stead who gifted a ball to Milsom arriving late, classy goal.

Milsom almost got a straight red for a high tackle in midfield, Hewitt is a bit meeeeeh, Enzio is being double and treble marked, Evita looks decent overlapping with Aless.
    Superb 2nd half from Notts, the key was Enzio and Aless swapping wings and both suddenly found loads of space and switched on the afterburners......the 2nd Notts goal came from a delightful cross from the constantly overlapping Evita, straight to an unmarked Hewey at the far post.....after that we piled on the pressure and could have had more goals, with Aless, Enzio, Stead and Hemmings all taking pot-shots at a shaky Crewe defence.......Fitz kept us in it with 2 excellent saves, for our first win of the season (our worst "winning start" since 1977?)

Sweaty rowlocks near the end, but we hung on......onwards and upwards.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast