+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's team

Today's team

ATS in for Campbell...presumably he goes left, Tait right and Cadden joins Bigi and Grimshaw in the middle.

The pitch looks horrific, needless to say.

After a solid if stodgy start, when Main scored an excellent finish, the wheels have come off spectacularly.

Missed penalties happen and that hurt but even at 0-2 we'd have been hard pushed to hold on. The centre of the park - both in midfield and defence - was as soft as ****e and while Killie took their goals well, they were given to them gift-wrapped.

It's 3-1 at the hour and the only way we won't concede more is if Killie decide to save their energy - it's like pushing at an open door.

Robinson has four games to turn this round before our previously hailed chief executive will be facing a tough - or perhaps not - decision.

We will hear the same old s**** of lets take the positives from the game, their was plenty positives to take from the game. Keep playing like that and we will win games. It doesn't matter how you play. If we keep chucking goals the way we are and at the times in the game we lose them it's only going to end up one way. Defeat. 1 up today 5 minutes to go to half time we go in 2 1 down. Hearts game, we get an equaliser, 2 mins to go, we end up getting beat 4 2. We are a poor side this season and finishing tenth must now be the priority. And at this moment that looks like a bit of a challenge.

It's also worth adding that Robinson's decision to recruit on the basis of strengthening the depth rather than the first XI (and how well that's gone is sadly not really up for debate) has turned out to be a complete shocker.

Everyone gets allowed to make mistakes but that's looking like a bloody big one at the minute.

The new focus has to be scrambling enough points to hopefully be 10th come the transfer window and we then to refreshen the team as we did in January of this year.

To be in this position after where we got to last season is a massive disappointment and Robinson is the one who holds the responsibility for it.

I'd still give the chance to turn things round...but anything less than 10 points from the next four games (given the subsequent run to come) has his jaiket on a very shoogily peg indeed.

I will admit that since I'm watching at work I have not seen every one of the 90 minutes but if there's a positive in this beyond Main's impressive finish I missed it. We were awful, absolutely awful, this was as bad as any of the McGhee/Malpas/Davies horror shows you want to go back to. Oh and I guess it ended at only three is a positive cause it could have been a lot, lot more.

At least you were in a nice comfy office. I can't believe we conceded only three. Carson played well.

Gotta say it's very difficult to be half glass full tonight. Not only did energy levels look sapped (for whatever reason), but confidence looks to be at basement, or -2 floors below ground level.
    6 points from the next 2 games or we're in a bad 5hitfest situation methinks?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)