+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unacceptable, inexcusable . . .

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    Looking at Companies House (BETA) United were pretty good at updating Filing History of shareholders.......until June this year.

James M Martin still shows 33462 Shares and as a person of Significant shareholding (25% and up to 49.499%) but not as Controlling Shareholding
    and Stephen E Thompson holding 51130 Shares.

I would have throught the paperwork for the changes since would have been there by now......so has it actually happened ?
    Cheers DB

I would hope that this information is circulated through the various fan groups and is also picked up by the media because at the very least the question needs to be put to MM and he has to have the opportunity to answer it.
    "Has ST sold his controlling interest and if so why does the register at Companies House not reflect it?"
    Either they update the listing at Companies House to show the transfer of ownership or MM can expect a lot of anger from fans who at that point found out it was all a con.

Possibly they have an allowed time to file, but it does seem strange that this significant change is not showing up.... as it would also reveal the identities of the two mystery people who also allegedly bought shares to block John Gibson.
    I have no doubt that John was approached to see how serious he was, which he was......they then moved the goalposts to
    make Johns bid impossible to fulfil. Knowing John he would have instigated a real 'root and branch' clearout of the club, which as far as I can see is still required with Southern etc still hanging around like a bad smell.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    First of all I think we should all stay calm until we get the facts here.

We were told that ST had sold his shareholding to I believe MM and others. It was reported in the press. Did not MM confirm that the shares had been transferred? Are you trying to say it's not true? Because that's a very big accusation to make without proof to back it up.

Hoofballer you refer to Companies House listing. I'm not going there but we need to see proof that ST remains a shareholder please because without proof these kind of allegations grow legs.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...ficant-control

Current available information from Companies House appears to provide factual statement as to the club ownership.

It’s hardly an accusation, nor is it an allegation, these documents are there for all to see, it seems to be fact unless Companies House are being very slow in up dating public records? I’ d believe these records before i’d Believe anything that Mike or Stephen filter to us through the Courier and Tully.

Have a look also at the standing charges while you’re there and think about previous statements as to who owns what and securities over what. I’ve formed opinion there myself too but will keep off of here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofballer View Post
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...ficant-control

Current available information from Companies House appears to provide factual statement as to the club ownership.

It’s hardly an accusation, nor is it an allegation, these documents are there for all to see, it seems to be fact unless Companies House are being very slow in up dating public records? I’ d believe these records before i’d Believe anything that Mike or Stephen filter to us through the Courier and Tully.

Have a look also at the standing charges while you’re there and think about previous statements as to who owns what and securities over what. I’ve formed opinion there myself too but will keep off of here for you.
    Thanks H.

I'm not saying that the claim that ST is still the major shareholder is a lie. Nor am I saying it's true. As you and Deebuster say as far as Companies House is concerned we've either been lied to, or the information hasn't been updated.

What I am saying is that MM deserves to have the opportunity to answer the question. I would like to see the local press pick this up and request an interview with him to specifically address this issue.

1 Has ST sold his controlling shares in United, as you claimed he has, and if your answer is yes, can you tell us why Companies House does not show that to be the case?
    2 If you maintain he has, can you evidence this in some way that will allay the fans growing concerns that they've been lied to?

Any journos looking in? Get cracking

Welcome, happy to have clarified.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Thanks H.

I'm not saying that the claim that ST is still the major shareholder is a lie. Nor am I saying it's true. As you and Deebuster say as far as Companies House is concerned we've either been lied to, or the information hasn't been updated.

What I am saying is that MM deserves to have the opportunity to answer the question. I would like to see the local press pick this up and request an interview with him to specifically address this issue.

1 Has ST sold his controlling shares in United, as you claimed he has, and if your answer is yes, can you tell us why Companies House does not show that to be the case?
    2 If you maintain he has, can you evidence this in some way that will allay the fans growing concerns that they've been lied to?

Any journos looking in? Get cracking
    On the Company House BLog:

If any shareholders’ details change after company formation, or new shareholders join a company after incorporation, you must report this information to Companies House when you file your next annual confirmation statement (formerly called an ‘annual return’). There is no need to file an early statement unless you would like this information to be updated on public record immediately.

Thanks SinUSA for clearing that up,

It should be noted that 18 May 2018 Notification of James Michael Martin as a person with significant control on 17 October 2017 would be regarding his acquisition of Justines shares I presume, so clearly no obligation to immediately register.

Looking at Companies House (BETA) United were pretty good at updating Filing History of shareholders.......until June this year.

James M Martin still shows 33462 Shares and as a person of Significant shareholding (25% and up to 49.499%) but not as Controlling Shareholding
    and Stephen E Thompson holding 51130 Shares.

I would have throught the paperwork for the changes since would have been there by now......so has it actually happened ?
    These updates can take a while to do.

Was months before the update on Martin buying Justine shares was posted.

I think we have to be careful here because there's a risk of unfairly tarnishing people.

There would have to be a conspiracy between ST, MM, Jimmy Fyffe, the two mystery investors and every director at the club, the accountants and the club solicitors to pull a con like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    These updates can take a while to do.

Was months before the update on Martin buying Justine shares was posted.

I think we have to be careful here because there's a risk of unfairly tarnishing people.

There would have to be a conspiracy between ST, MM, Jimmy Fyffe, the two mystery investors and every director at the club, the accountants and the club solicitors to pull a con like that.
    I think we had kinda agreed that already, however.
    When on a fishing expedition, its quite telling sometimes to see who responds.

I think we had kinda agreed that already, however.
    When on a fishing expedition, its quite telling sometimes to see who responds.
    I'd missed the later replies. 👍

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)